Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Accidental exposure to DOpr during a mushroom freakout

Didgital

Moderator: PD
Staff member
So I was gifted a bunch of cut off bottoms from some cubensis. I was told they were pretty weak. I was munching on a gram or so then I realized I was essentially eating aborts. Had I been in my right mind I would have spit them out, but I stupidly ingested and very rapidly I found my reality was dissolving in front of me, I decided to get all of my other drugs away from me asap, and in doing so I spilled about 1mg of DOpr. Like an idiot I licked it (wanted to get the taste, very bad habit)

Anyway I know it wasnt a lot, but holy fuck it synergized.

Very very powerful substance. I dont quite have the energy to write up details but holy fuck I was in and out dmt hyperspace in and out for 12 hrs straight. I was a psychedelic mess.

Wish me luck and sleep!

What’s wrong with aborts? I was once gave chocolate made with aborts (tiny shrooms that didn’t grow right) and it was ok. Tho I remember girl who gave it to me told me they are stronger. Ended up eating amount with about 1g and I think she was right, still pretty light trip but was nice.

What’s wrong with aborts? I was once gave chocolate made with aborts (tiny shrooms that didn’t grow right) and it was ok. Tho I remember girl who gave it to me told me they are stronger. Ended up eating amount with about 1g and I think she was right, still pretty light trip but was nice.
Wish I could show you pics but it's a mass of aborts. The thing is about aborts is they are basically shrooms that failed to fruit, but each abort can contain the same amount of psilocybin of a full grown fruit. The aborts are hyper hyper potent.

Yes, when I grew APE the tiny wimpy looking ones that looked atrophied were extremely potent and were darker purple than the others.

I've read that mushrooms generate the same amount of psilocybin from genesis no matter how big they grow, so smaller ones are more potent by weight.

One of my strongest experiences was on aborts too. I ate 1.75g and threw up them up like 15min later, still lost my mind. Ran around the snowy woods for 30min thinking I was getting chased. Looking back I thought I was getting chased alot in my early days.

The aborts potency thing is why it’s best to find Gymnopilus species young too. They get too tough and meaty as they age. Hoping to find some this fall. They’re remarkably harder to find than I anticipated, I’ve been searching for years.

-GC

Took a lick of DOpr. :) At least you knew what it was.

I think it as Xorkoth that told that story of tripping a bit too hard at a festival, thinking he had is etizolam vial but took a swig of his DOC vial. It is here somewhere.

I had never heard of aborts before. I guess that is part of the mushroom growing terminology. Apparently they are strong. Now I am going to look up some info on that.

Took a lick of DOpr. :) At least you knew what it was.

I think it as Xorkoth that told that story of tripping a bit too hard at a festival, thinking he had is etizolam vial but took a swig of his DOC vial. It is here somewhere.

I had never heard of aborts before. I guess that is part of the mushroom growing terminology. Apparently they are strong. Now I am going to look up some info on that.

And they’re just so gosh darn adorable 🥰 lil baby mushrooms that are otherworldly.

God the insanity that ensued for Xorkoth.. Can only imagine the fear id feel from a mistake like that.

One of many reasons when I’m hitting a festival I only carry what I have fully planned on taking. I’ve accidentally dosed myself in other ways (way too much MDMA once) and learned to plan my experiences heavily before I even arrive. Some people make fun of me for it, but I always have a damn good time :)

-GC

i remember hearing that shrooms mostly stopped gaining potency after a certain growth and they just get bigger with out as much psilocybin being produced? i don't know if this is true, but i always used to try to ask for the smallest shrooms in the bag. people never really asked why or seemed to care that i wanted them.

i remember hearing that shrooms mostly stopped gaining potency after a certain growth and they just get bigger with out as much psilocybin being produced? i don't know if this is true, but i always used to try to ask for the smallest shrooms in the bag. people never really asked why or seemed to care that i wanted them.
I think that’s just before shroom starts to open, after that point it would just get a bit more bigger, not stronger. I might be wrong but most growers I know consider shroom ripe just before it opens to let spores out.

I think that’s just before shroom starts to open, after that point it would just get a bit more bigger, not stronger. I might be wrong but most growers I know consider shroom ripe just before it opens to let spores out.
Most growers are trying to grow big fruits for more weight/money. No one really tries to pick aborts for most part as their are so many and a pain to pick

So I ate 2 or 3 chunks of aborts similar to this chunk.

Blew my mind and I wont be touching aborts for a while. The DOPr was really minimal but at one point I wanted to get some beer, which is a 10 minute walk. I called an Uber. He said you know you can just Walk. I said no i can't walk right now. He said have i ever eaten mushrooms i wild be fine. I said have you ever looked at your foot and seen thousands of your feet and every time i take a step, i see my feet flying off my body to god knows where. It's a miracle I was able to actually get inside the car. Uber driver looked me in the eyes and knew I wasnt exaggerating. Not another word was said. Most awkward uber drive of my life.

Last edited:
Also once the caps open the shrooms actually lose potency from my understanding. The psilocybin is probably acting as an anti herbivore agent and once the spores are released the mushroom has essentially finished its lifecycle and the psilocybin content drops rapidly.

I think I had aborts the first time I did shrooms. I bought an 8th and they were all stems that were like half an inch long and a little thick, there was about 14 of them in the 8th. I ate half an eighth and I tripped really hard for 3 hours, I was having full blown visuals and everything. I was seeing colors, patterns, shapes, shadows, the floor in the bathroom was moving around and rippling, and everything I was thinking about i was able to vividly see in my minds eye. The body high was very intense too. I don't know if those shrooms were aborts or what not, but every other time I did regular sized golden teachers they were never as intense as the first time ever in larger doses

I once found a little baggie of aborts hidden away inside one of my dresser drawers, which had been hidden in there for close to 5 years. (No comment on how it got there, lol.) The strain was Ecuadorian, known to be unusually potent, and for which 0.5 g was usually sufficient for visuals for me.

I was so happy to find them I decided I wanted to have a munch---just a tiny bit for a mild buzz. I weighed a piece of two and it came to maybe 0.175g, and then I ate it down. Ten minutes later, I was already feeling it strongly---this was obviously not going to plan. By 45 minutes, I was blasted and couldn't really do anything except sit on the couch. I couldn't even contemplate why I was so messed up.

I only realized just how strong it was when I went out onto my back patio with a friend. I was noticeably coming down and looked at the time and realized it had been almost 8 hours and I was still solidly tripping. Shrooms for me were almost always gone by 6 hours.

I don't think I've taken any shrooms since then, and if I ever do again, I'll probably only work with powders that I've titrated.

So if we assume this wasn't a freak outlier as sometimes happens, it sounds like you ingested at least 30-40mg of psilocybin. That would mean your abort would have been at least 20% psilocybin by weight. Wowzers.