• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Abused DXM heavily for two years, no brain or liver damage

kiesi

Greenlighter
For the sake of research, I would like to provide some rebuttal to this thread and any other threads or posts which state something like “Heavy DXM abuse causes irreversible physical brain and liver damage.”

I used to chronically abuse high doses of DXM and LSD up until a few months ago when I had completely stopped taking both drugs. Every week, for about two years, I took doses in the 900MG - 1350MG range. I would also take 500UG of LSD when my psychedelic tolerance was low--which some argue to be a dangerous combo that could cause serotonin syndrome, but I took it at least 50 times and only had wonderful experiences on it. Sometimes, I would binge take DXM two days in a row without sleeping, taking over 2000MG of DXM in less than 30 hours.

Last week, I had an MRI brain scan and EEG done. There were no abnormalities to be found.
I also had tons of blood work taken, so that rules out liver damage because the results came back fine, multiple times. I have also done 7 long ECGs, 2 chest x-rays, a stress test, thyroid test, and sexual hormones test. Everything was fine.

As for how I feel mentally now, I have noticed a large change in how I perceive things. I am much more anxious and experience frequent panic attacks. I am also a little “psychotic” -- being in a confused mind state all the time, one where I always ask myself silly “What if?” questions. However, I have also noticed (arguably) great improvements. I’ve turned into a logician who always tries to side with rationality. I used to be somewhat of a mystic, but after having tripped so many times, I realized that LSD and DXM do not “expand mindfulness”, “raise consciousness”, or anything like that. It was a mere delusion. My ambitions in life are much higher, though, and both drugs have motivated me to foster my mind by always striving for perfection and excellence.

I’m done, though. If I could give a new psychedelic user advice or anyone really, don’t take it as much as I have. In fact, don’t take either drug more than once a month, or else you’ll develop a habit out of it like I had. Moderation is very important, and while it did not cause any damage to me, it might to you.

“Psychedelic experience is only a glimpse of genuine mystical insight, but a glimpse which can be matured and deepened by the various ways of meditation in which drugs are no longer necessary or useful. If you get the message, hang up the phone. For psychedelic drugs are simply instruments, like microscopes, telescopes, and telephones. The biologist does not sit with eye permanently glued to the microscope, he goes away and works on what he has seen...” -- Alan Watts

Ya I took like 240 to 480mg 6 to 7 days a week with a antidepressabt as a enzyme inhibitor for like 5 years didnt really notice any long term issues now that I stopped