• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Abscess Help After IV

GStringTed

Greenlighter
The megathread for this was closed and I couldn't find anything that was more specific to my case.

I booted some glass about a couple hours ago and since then have discomfort in my pec/shoulder area. The injection site is fine, and I can't find any real pronounced redness . Anyone ever have something similar happen? How long would it take for me to find out if there is an abscess?

This transferred pain thing happens to me sometimes too, makes me mega paranoid.
I’ve never actually had any infection though, so I think it’s prob ok.

As above I keep antibiotics on hand (875mg if you can get your hands on them, you don’t have time to mess about with weaker ones if your avoiding seeking treatment) and a warm compress for 20 minutes.

Try to keep your arm elevated and relaxed too.

I think you may be jumping the gun a little - a lot of things can cause discomfort in an area where you IV, like a bit of dope leaking out due to slow blood flow, going through the vein and then correcting yourself, the dope may have been slightly acidic.

As mentioned above, use a warm compress, pressure on the area will help immensely. Do not use antibiotics unless you have a full course or you will cause the infection to become resistant and come back much stronger. You never use antibiotics unless there is an actual infection present.

If you develop a fever, a very hot red lump, red streaks, an open sore or anything alarming, visit a doctor immediately or at least get some antibiotics (7 days worth) as mentioned above.

Thanks everyone for the support. It turned out to be just standard tweaker paranoia. I decidided to start a different ROI, booting is just not worth it anymore. Shits like eden's apple tho

Thanks everyone for the support. It turned out to be just standard tweaker paranoia. I decidided to start a different ROI, booting is just not worth it anymore. Shits like eden's apple tho

Really glad to hear that man. As I was first perusing this I was concerned that you might have an internal infection.

Im not saying this is ideal, but Ive always just waited and watched with the golden rule of "if it is getting worse/more inflamed as opposed to getting better, I would consult a physician"

I was told by a friend working in the medical field to do two things:
-Warm compress every 20 minutes and start the 20 Minutes when the compress is cool is take off
- Apply an antiseptic cream in the event an infections present

Not a 100% gaurntee to get rid of the abscess however it has helped me to a ton. Always talk to a doctor if it continues to worsen, itching, physical symptom, or Any kind of streaking in areas around the abscess. im sure there’s more signs that’s just what I remembe.

Doesn’t sound like an abscess by the way you described it; it’s not unlikely that the injection site is simply irritated, or you’re encountering one of the circumstances mentioned above.

Whenever I’ve gone in a vein near or around my upper chest or shoulder, the area becomes red and inflamed for an hour or so after the shot. On one or two occasions I really thought I’d missed in spite of feeling the rush. But within an hour or two these symptoms abated and all was well.

Keep an eye on it and if symptoms persist or worsen, seek medical attention.