Mental Health About a opioid and bipolar

Lixtor

Greenlighter
Hello, everybody lixtor here :) I know I am new, but I need to be honest about my own research, I being taking for a while oxycodone 20mg, I am diagnosed with bipolar and I always get agitated and even sometimes I feel a rage and also to mention I have severe speedy thoughts, now to be clear I feel so good with oxycodone it’s Been so far extremely efficient and effective I feel like a human being no more severe anxiety and no more overwhelming thinking and also somehow my nervousness is in a clear control and now I feel like what I used to be my social activities has improved dramatically self confidence and talking as well.

So basically after I stop my own trial I was still feeling good and not negative side effects neither what others mention about how bad is this medicine I need and feel to make my point that I being in so many medication and honestly I was with out any issues able to stopped at my own will. Again I need to be clear I never used this medicine for recreational activities. I feel that I need to listen to other because I even suffer severe tinnitus and even tinnitus lower down a lot!!.

thanks so much for read my post, I hope somebody get interested for more details and information I am willing to answer and give more details to medical researchers more than welcome to send me a private message.

I don't have bipolar but I suffer from major depression with suicidal ideation. I've been in inpatient treatment the better part of this year. Tried a hOst of medications and got put on an opioid pain medication for chronic migraines. Started to feel better was beginning to discuss going home then we decided to stop the opioid and I've been completely destabilized. Anxiety and depression. Back to square one. I guess I don't have much to contribute just wanted to say that I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to manage my mental health and in the back of my mind there's always the knowledge that I felt better than ever on the opioids.

I’ve been diagnosed with bi-polar type 2 disorder and I have been self-medicating with opiods for two years pretty much on a daily basis for the purpose of lifting my depressive mood states so that I could work a job rather than call in sick and lose my jobs. Opioid-use is not standard treatment for bi-polar such as mood stabilizers and opioid-use has left me addicted. I am now an opioid addict who has no energy or some days left feeling sick if I don’t have my dose. I have tapered and quit twice over the last two years but I end up using again. I wish I hadn’t gotten into opioids leading me needing a substance to function yet the best version of me does come out because of my use and so it’s a double-edged sword. I can compete and out-compete certain individuals in a work-setting because of opiod-use. Depression is put very temporarily at bay but long-term, opioid addiction is not good in any way. Just my personal experience that I would like to share. Peace.

Last edited: