• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Abilify

blackmetalstoner

Bluelighter
So im prescribed 5 mg of Abilify to boost my anti depressant. Lately I've been feeling like a lot of drugs haven't been working the way they should. Im wondering if this is due to the Abilify. I know my LSD trips are being cut short but it feels like things like Xanax and Kpins don't have the same effect they did before I was prescribed Abilify. Is there any link?

Yeah. Abilify is known to dull the effects of drugs. It's a partial agonist at dopamine receptors so any excessive dopaminergic activity from drug use is going to be blocked because the dopamine can't bind correctly, and it's partial agonistic activity at the D2 autoreceptors on presynaptic cells - which regulate dopamine release - actually inhibits dopamine from being released from the presynaptic neuron. Except amphetamines. It's known to enhance the effect of them quite a bit.

It's a possibility. Antipsychotics are know to have an "antagonistic" effect on psychedelic trips if I'm not mistaken. It is possible that maybe the Aripiprizole (Abilify) is just blunting your emotions to the point that the effects of drugs are not experienced as heavily. I was on Aripiprizole (sp) briefly and I felt like it totally blunted my emotions. I didn't like it so stopped taking it after about a month.

It's a possibility. Antipsychotics are know to have an "antagonistic" effect on psychedelic trips if I'm not mistaken. It is possible that maybe the Aripiprizole (Abilify) is just blunting your emotions to the point that the effects of drugs are not experienced as heavily. I was on Aripiprizole (sp) briefly and I felt like it totally blunted my emotions. I didn't like it so stopped taking it after about a month.

Could you feel motions again after you quit Abilify?