• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Abilify: how long until uppers/psychs work properly

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Can someone give me a time frame on when one can achieve the full effects of uppers and psychedelics after taking ONE dose of abilify. I took 2mg about one week ago and have since noticed the effects of meth are somewhat dulled and fade more quickly. I've got a bunch of dexies that I want to use soon but don't want to waste if the abilify is going to reduce the effects.

Is it half-life related which means around 3 weeks until it mostly clears out or do I have to wait further until my body restores the changes to the receptors which I guess occured due to the long duration of effect on receptors. I can still feel a slight difference in my mental state so I know it's still doing something after a week.

Last edited:
Really small doses of abilify, like the dose you took, actually make meth feel stronger and more euphoric. I had to look it up, after having combined the two myself.

I'm sure it doesn't do that with psychs, tho, pretty sure it would kill the effects, yeah.

^I read that as well but I guess abilify's ability to reduce excess dopamine explains the effect it had on me.

The effect of abilify on meth seems really variable depending on the individual. After several years on it I felt that it had permanently increased my tolerance to both stims and acid

But I doubt a single 2 mg dose will have bound to all available receptors. For that reason you can likely still trip on acid though. I was taking 10 mg abilify daily for months once and only skipped one day before dropping 300 ug acid and having my mind totaly blown with a fully ego destroying synaesthesic trip.