View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Abdominal pain (AL-LAD/ lysergamides)

Humble Bumble

Bluelighter
I have used AL-LAD seven times now in doses from half a 150ug blotter to one and a half. I like it for its lighthearted euphoria but I haven't gone very deep with it.

Yesterday after work I took half a tab of 1p-LSD and walked home in the sun. This was my second try after my initial 1/4-tab tryout. When I got home an hour later I felt there was room for boosting things up and I took half a tab of AL-LAD. Not the best modus operandi to observe 1p's isolated effects but in the heat of the moment it seemed like a good idea (and it was very enjoyable)

Only, the last two times I took AL-LAD I experienced some gastric discomfort, got a very swollen tummy (no gas though) and then a sharp pain in the upper right side of my abdomen, under my ribcage. It really gets excruciating at times, I'd say it starts after the peak and it stays with me for the remainder of the trip. Massaging my abdomen brings some relief but not much.

I can handle a little pain and I can rationalize the sitiuation enough, at this dose at least that I don't panic but the pain is really distracting and of course a bit of an alarming signal. My knowledge of anatomy stinks but looking up what's in that part of the abdomen it makes sense that it's the seat of the liver and that could be the culprit.

Yesterday it happened again, because of my mixing 1p en AL-LAD it's hard to say if it was the AL-LAD, the 1p-LSD or maybe lysergamides in general, or perhaps an underlying medical condition.

So my question would be; do people experience liver-pains/ sharp abdominal pains on AL-LAD specifically or on lysergamides in general, what could cause this, how worrying would a signal like this be considering that now in the morning I feel absolutely fabulous and refreshed (the pain withers with the effects of the drug and was completely gone by the time I went to sleep)?

Disclaimer: I'm not a hypochondriac and I'm not looking for medical advice (I make my own decisions), I'm just trying to understand what's going on.

Dear Humble Bumble,

From impure or Blotters with other Lysergamides i became often abdominal pains too.
On tripping its like you say on the right upper side, but when i release my inner air from time to time its go better, but when the trip is over and i'm mostly clean, than i've became the same pains on the right lower side a bit stronger.
On real Lsd-25 i havn't any problem with any kind of pain.
Once i've done 10 impure blotter together on the same time and after this i've got the strongest pain of my life.
It feels like my abdomen is loosen in my body a rolls from side to side, so extram that ithought i'm going to die and i was unable to call the ambulance because i was phoneless.
After this i've over one week strong abdominal pains.
Maybe was Al-lad on the blotters, i'dont know because i don't done research with it.
From the 1-p-lsd i don't became any kind of pain or vasoconstriction from it, and i've done 8 Blotter in 6 hours and it was the best after the real Lsd ;)

I hope it helps a little bit.

Have a nice weekend
Mr.Montana

I get that too. I get it from real LSD though. It's a really sharp, pulsing pain. It gets really bad sometimes. It usually starts somewhere mid-trip and can last beyond the duration of the trip for me. You should always make sure you eat before you dose so that you are not hungry. It could have something to do with all of the serotonin receptors in the gut. Something like zofran might help. I'm not really sure what causes it, but it's a total bummer.

Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful.

As long as my skin doesn't turn yellow I'm not worrying too much :) Still nice to find out something more about this.

The second time I felt this was right after I ate an apple so back then I thought it was the result of the intake of food. But this time I again fasted on beforehand and I didn't eat at all until right at the end of the trip (around 2:00 AM). So next time I'll try eating before taking AL-LAD, say a light healthy meal some two hours before the trip and see if that helps.

I also get it mid-trip so I was wondering if it could be a metabolite of AL-LAD rather than that substance itself. Or it might be impurities as you say, Montana.

If it's the liver that aches I'm wondering if there's something I could take like cod-liver oil, or some adaptogens that help strengthen the liver?

I get that too. I get it from real LSD though. It's a really sharp, pulsing pain. It gets really bad sometimes. It usually starts somewhere mid-trip and can last beyond the duration of the trip for me. You should always make sure you eat before you dose so that you are not hungry. It could have something to do with all of the serotonin receptors in the gut. Something like zofran might help. I'm not really sure what causes it, but it's a total bummer.
Yeah, definitely don't trip if you haven't eaten. LSD doesn't really have a body load... the only times I've ever felt GI discomfort/nausea were when I took it on an empty stomach.

Zofran (ondansetron) works very well IME. Not sure why though, since AFAIK it works as a 5HT3 antagonist and most psychedelics don't activate this receptor. I use it occasionally if I'm having an especially rough come-up on 2C-E.

Psychedelics increase GI motility and cause diarrhea. Drugs that counteract this will help with body load. My personal favorite is a combination of codeine+cyclizine (or any other 1st gen antihistamine). Immodium (loperamide) is also good stuff.

happened to me only once, blotters from the same batch didn't cause the effect. I was at a festival and probably not eating as much as i should have, and the pain persisted til the comedown. havn't had it since and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

In my opinion, it's a form of anxiety manifesting physically from not fully 'letting go' of the ego.

Unfortunately, i can't really give any insight other than plan your trip and pay special attention to set and setting. Some trips are muddled and irritating and some are the cream from God's teet. It's hard to control.