Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(AB-FUBINACA / ~8mg) - First Time - First impressions of this 3rd Gen 'noid

Pattern

Greenlighter
Male, Age 30, 85kg/187lbs

I have been a HEAVY user of synthetic cannabinoids, starting with the original Spice Gold in 2007, then moving onto numerous other blends, then pure
powders. My last 5 day binge on UR-144 last December prompted me to quit “noids” for good (not for the first time I have to add).

So here I am 11 months later flirting with the noids again. Since the latest ban there are a whole bunch of new ones on the market, which means a lot of reading up online. I’m posting this since I couldn’t find any actual trip reports on AB-FUBINACA, or clear dosage guidance.

Prepartion: Since most noids are active from 1mg upwards, I was cautious and aware of my lack of tolerance. I have two cheapskate milligram scales, which due to shocking build quality, don’t register single digit mg doses (you need to add at least 20mg before they register). So using both scales, I measured out something between 25-30mg (allowing for error).

The substance was a fine white powder, with a pungent chemical smell, and forming small clumps / soft granules. Using a blade I divided the pile in three, creating three piles of 8-10mg. Then I loaded one of these into an oil burner / pookie pipe.

Upon applying heat, the powder duly melted, and after a few seconds began to emit vapour and then smoke, upon which I inhaled. It tasted pretty much like people have described other new noids: burnt rubber (but due to the small volume of smoke, it’s not too bad). A few seconds after my second, larger inhalation the stone hit me, surprisingly hard. I waited a minutes or two to see this was a “creeper noid”, and after seeing things were not getting overly intense, took one more hit. Of the ~10mg in the pipe, I would have had about 2 or 3mg in total.

Then I lay down, and enjoyed my first stone in almost a year. The beat and bassline from “Blurred Lines” sounded suitably groovy to suspect musical enhancement from the drug. I began feeling cold and shivery and needed to put on a woolly hat and extra jumper. A few times I experienced spasms in my legs accompanied by a kind of flashing sensation in my head (not easy to put into words). This kind of stuff has happened to me before on next generation noids, and is one of the things I don’t like about them. I became quite introspective, and began to assess various human relationships in my life. Through my stoner’s eyes, I began to appreciate the good people I have had the pleasure to associate with but overlook due to my pettiness. A big smile became fixed on my face. “This is what it’s all about, now I remember” I thought to myself.

Though euphoria was present, it wasn’t solid, and pangs of anxiety, as well as urges to re-dose (to get higher) began to bug me. After about 15-20 mins, I started getting impatient and re-dosed with a few more hits, probably taking the cumulative total to about 6mg. This rocketed me back to a strong buzz, with some uncomfortable tachycardia thrown in the mix. I tried to watch some movies on the PC, but for some reason just couldn’t get into them. Most of the ones I tried were difficult to pay attention to, like I had ADHD and couldn’t be bothered to concentrate. I managed to watch about 15mins of “Enter the Void” which I’d started watching the other day, but it was too fucking depressing to watch stoned. So for the next hour or so I listened to music and kind of zoned out.

I still was getting urges to re-dose (fiend that I am), and at about T+ 2:30 since my first hit, I decided to pop some Diphenhydramine and Etizolam, and took a few more hits off the pipe (taking my total up to ~8mg). Then I lay down and fell asleep within 20 mins or so, feeling very relaxed.

In summary, this “noid” is still only 70-80% as fun as the real thing (weed). Although it feels generally “cosy”, there is what I’d call a body load too (as with other newer synths), including: Chills, shivering, palpitations, limb jerks and miscellaneous brain “blips”. The duration is shorter than weed, perhaps peaking within a couple of minutes and slowly fading over the next hour, although cravings to re-dose will extend this (and the cravings are a beast!). Mentally, it is perhaps what people describe as trippy, in that there is good scope for introspection, as well as anxiety and paranoid ideas.

Rough doses for the cannabinoid naïve (not that you’ll stay like that for long):
1-3mg: Mild stone
3-6: Moderate stone
6-10mg: Heavy stone
+10mg: You took too much man, too much, too much!

I really appreciate your posting about such a novel compound. Does your occupation prevent you from cannabis?

Thanks Liquid Sunshine. No not my occupation, we generally don't have that issue in the UK (yet). It's my living situation: after a set of drug-related crises over recent years, I can't be found using or I'll be out my parents' house (have tried the "out the window" thing before: got caught!). Synths are discreet, almost odorless.

I'd love to hear back if you try orally dosing this one. I believe it is active via that ROA and I'd expect a very different effects profile.

The substance was a fine white powder, with a pungent chemical smell, and forming small clumps / soft granules.
My AB FUBINACA is a fine white powder, the smell is of marshmallow banana candies (yeah, smells exactly like that).
It is somewhat like cannabis, but hits you like a ton of bricks soon after the second pipe puff with a chemical feel to it.
I mix about 10mg in 0.3 grams of cigarette tobacco. ( I am sure I am getting a nic hit too)

I got this to pass some possible future piss test.

I like this stuff.

Got a sample of ab-funica, by faaar the best 'noid i've tried, i even prefer it to weed or hash, so chilled out, no paranoia/anxiety, pretty much the opposite... MY powder is very fine and white, and has a slight chemichal taste but way less than ur144 or AKB-48 for instance