• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A tip on those first times with psychedelics

S2K

Bluelighter
Now, I'm not sure if this should go in PD or stay here, but I'll put it here since this is mainly just a little thought of mine that may help people who are stressed out or somewhat concerned about taking mushrooms, LSD, or another psychedelic for their first time.

I've done mushrooms a few times, but have yet to do LSD. Originally, my concern was the possibility of a bad trip. When it comes to bad trips, you could parallel it to riding a bike. A bad trip is like learning to ride a bike and falling down (in an abstract, oversimplifying way). A bad trip will happen to all of us who choose to delve in the psychedelics- it's intrinsic to the psychedelic experience, and often times teaches us a good lesson should we be open enough to challenge the experience subjectively.

Instead of dreading a bad trip like it's the worst thing that could possibly happen, regard it as a bump along the road in your psychedelic voyage. Make sure to have experienced and/or sober people with you to keep you well-grounded and RELAX.

Also, another concern of mine was having a place to be. I'd say make sure you know some friends you could stay with (if you're still with your parents) or a public area that's big enough to hide you and your gargantuan pupils while tripping. And make sure that you have a friend or two to help you along the way and keep your wits about you.

These are just some of my thoughts recently. Mods, feel free to do with this thread whatever you like.

Happy tripping. :)