Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

A Thanksgiving memory...

chippermonk

Bluelighter
Many years ago I was home for Thanksgiving. My dad was a chemistry professor with full access to the school's supply of chemicals. Evidently it had included a rather large bottle of pure morphine powder which he had walked off with because there it was in the medicine cabinet when I went snooping around.
Trying it out seemed a fun way to spice up my family visit, but unfortunately I had no experience with opiates beyond a few random Tylenol 3s. Nevertheless, in my "wisdom", I took a little pinch to snort. Maybe it was a big pinch, dunno. Proceeded to spend the next two days puking with what they all thought was stomach flu. No pie for me. Complete misery.
. My dad, cool guy that he was , a few years later mailed me some measured 5 mg and 10 mg doses to try out. He always had faith in my ability to be a cautious experimenter. I can't say I always lived up to his trust, though.
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Last edited:
My dad, cool guy that he was , a few years later mailed me some measured 5 mg and 10 mg doses to try out. He always had faith in my ability to be a cautious experimenter. I can't say I always lived up to his trust, though.
That is a nice thought and memory. Sometimes we focus on how our parents were a-holes. And a lot were and are. But if you look closer you can see how they expressed their love in their own way. Trust helps when raising a kid. Real trust. Sometimes people do not desetrve it. Sounds like your dad had faith in you. And you expressed it here nicely.

Happy Holidays.

Actually, that makes a good point. How can anyone ever be trusted to do the correct amount of fentanyl?

Your dad sounds cool ;) and a chemistry prof, to boot.
The sad thing is that he also had a bottle of some sort of sassafras compound, safrole maybe. Knowing him, I'm pretty sure his scheme was to make his own root beer, but I think there is a chance I could have persuaded him to make MMDA. He was curious and open- minded enough to do it, especially if he had thought it could be used to seduce his students. A lost opportunity...