• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

A strange recent experience I had

Burnt Offerings

Moderator: Drug Culture & CEP
Staff member
Recently my gf and I had a discussion about psychedelics and some of our experiences with them. We decided that it would be fun to do them again, and she said that she knew a guy who might be able to get some acid, but that never came through.

Anyway, the guy said, "why don't you guys just get them at the store? The shrooms I mean"

To which I said, are we talking about psilocybin mushrooms here? And he said yeah. He said I should call some weed dispensaries in the area and ask.

I literally laughed out loud. The idea sounded completely absurd! But I did it anyway, I called some dispensary, asked "you got shrooms?" (which I imagined would undoubtedly come across as a prank call), and the employee on the other end told me that she couldn't answer that over the phone, but told me the business hours of the place and encouraged me to come look at their inventory.

(Full disclosure: I love psilocybin and I consider it to be a grave injustice to ban it or persecute people because of it. It was the 2nd drug I did after marijuana and it blew my freakin mind at the time. It's an incredibly effective short-term antidepressant imo/ime. )

Anyway, I drove down to the dispensary. It was kind of a weird place located in a run-down part of New Jersey. But yeah, they had it! I purchased and consumed an eighth, had a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 experience. The staff at the place were kind of aloof (they gave typical east-coast customer service, pretend that the customer isn't there lol) but friendly enough once you got talking with them...very limited inventory (pretty much the raw mushrooms or an "edible" that contained psilocybin). I was surprised to see it at all, though.

The atmosphere of the whole place reminded me a bit of the Netherlands "coffee shops", or at least how I remember it: a place that sells weed and shrooms, plus has a cafe-type area with food/drinks and seating. It was just weird for me to encounter that in the USA...it felt like the future had arrived, and it was freakin GOOD for once, y'know? Something must have happened to the legal situation vis-a-vis psilocybin in the state of NJ, I guess? But it's still a federally controlled substance, right? In my younger days it was known that psychedelic hallucinogens were about as illegal as it gets, but now apparently you can stand next to big piles of em and take orders from customers who come in from the street? I have no idea what's going on other than to assume that it's some sort of grey market thing. I hesitated to even mention this story at first, because I don't want anything bad to happen to those people doing their thing and I don't have a lot of context regarding what the legal situation is with psilocybin there. If there is a God, they're doing His work by distributing psilocybin to the masses!

It was just a really fun, really uplifting experience. Honest proprietors selling an honest product that works as advertised, with all the negativity you sometimes forget that such things even exist anymore. Some places in the USA, if you're into "natural drugs" you're set pretty much, go down to the dispensary, get some weed, shrooms and top off your kratom stash while you're at it...it would be cool if you could get opium and coca leaves in the mix somehow too lol. And if you live in many places in the NE, getting harder stuff is incredibly easy but obviously not advisable

That's awesome. Maybe one day we'll have that a little further south.

So this is how people were getting Psilocybin gummies in PNW.. I was seeing them and hearing about them but didn’t know how or where. The future is cool shit man, we got legal drugs and killer robots.

-GC

You guys are so lucky, really wish I had access to legal drugs.

I know in Canada there are lots of mail-order psilocybin mushroom places that advertise quite explicitly. There doesn't seem to be any action taken against it.

God! I'm jealous of you guys! Meanwhile in the UK, we've basically banned everything. Doesn't seem like weed is gonna get legalised anytime soon. Although TBF the bizzies don't give a shit about a bit of weed, but they still take it off you and caution you! Fucking backwards.