• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

A shocking experience: MDMA, plugging and incontinence

Cazzie

Greenlighter
My partner and I indulged in some MDMA yesterday – one 120mg gel cap each. I have rolled five times previously on the same stuff – good clean stuff it is too - waiting 2 -3 months between rolls. I have had good experiences but the side effects seem to get more pronounced each time, particularly muscle tension.

This time, because I was troubled by nausea and dry retching once before, I decided to plug the MDMA, dissolving the crystals from the gel cap in 15mls of hot water, drawing it up in a small syringe (minus the needle, obviously) and with my partner’s help, inserting it into my rectum which had been totally cleared of poop with a bulb enema. Then I swallowed the empty gel caps, swilled a bit of water around the cup I had dissolved the crystals in and swallowed that too. My partner did the same.

The come-up arrived after about 20 mins and was very sudden. The body feel was almost overwhelming, much more intense than swallowing the same caps on previous occasions. We knew this might happen so we were well-prepared. We were sitting in a nice, private secure spot with a beautiful view and had sunscreen, soft drink and munchies and everything we thought we might need for several hours with us. But not a bathroom. I wasn't too worried about that because my past experience was that I wouldn't need to pee for several hours.

I peaked at about 2 hours. Round about that time I felt the urge to defecate, which was awkward as I had to scramble down a steep, slippery bank to get to the house. As soon as I stood up I realised to my horror that it was too late. I had pooped my pants. And not just a little bit. This was a total shock. I had not felt it happening. There had been no stomach cramps.

I spent so long cleaning myself up that my partner got worried and came looking for me. Dealing with practical problems like that when I was peaking was difficult to say the least. However, the MDMA mitigated some of the shame, and there was no anxiety. There was no nausea and I was congratulating myself that the plugging had solved that problem, anyway.

While I was in the bathroom I looked in the mirror and was surprised by my aroused appearance. My eyes were staring and wild with fully dilated pupils. My heart rate was 120bpm (and stayed like that for hours) and I was hyperventilating and couldn’t stop. My neck muscles were tense, I had the usual jaw tightness and my whole body was buzzing.

The come down started at about 4 hours. At nine hours I was still rolling at bit – and was a bit stoned too having had a hit of my partner’s weed. By then I was feeling cold, tired, nauseated and generally unwell, and had a stiff neck and a tension headache.

Over the day I drank about 1 litre of soft drink and ate several strawberries and a few gummy snakes. We didn’t do anything physical except some gentle walking.

I slept quite well and woke with a headache (for which I took panadol) and have fairly typical ‘come-down’ symptoms which I’m not too worried about. BUT I have nausea which I haven’t had before on come-down. Damn.

I am paranoid about making an exhibition of myself at the best of times and don’t feel comfortable in public when on drugs when I can’t act straight if necessary – and judging by my appearance in the mirror that would have been totally impossible. The thought that if we had decided to go for a walk along the road that I might have been incontinent of feces in a public place totally horrified me. Dry retching or vomiting would be bad enough. Pooping your pants – noooooo! I will NOT be plugging MDMA again, certainly not at that dose which I think is probably at the top end of the range for someone my size (60kg and a fairly slight build). In fact, I will probably leave MDMA alone for quite a while because apart from the negative effects I am definitely losing the magic.

At first I thought that the rectal administration had stimulated my bowel directly. But now I doubt it. It wasn’t delivered high enough up my digestive tract for that. My guess now is that the plugging delivered the dose to my nervous system in one big hit and the physical sensations were so overwhelming that I didn’t notice what was happening with my bowels until it was too late.

That's my best guess but I would like to hear from others. Has anyone else experienced this, or can anyone explain what happened? I have rolled five times previously and never had any problem with my bowels before.

A bit more about me. I am ... er, not young. I have had chronic fatigue syndrome for many years and have irritable bowel syndrome related to food sensitivities, particularly to many vegetables, fruits and pulses. My bowel function is normal if I stay away from those foods and incontinence has never been a problem. I am also sensitive to amines and glutamates, but these don’t cause digestive problems – just fatigue, headaches, brain fog, low mood.

I seem to be quite susceptible to drugs generally. For alcohol two G&Ts is about my limit. Marijuana is good in small quantities for sex but at other times can make me irritable and paranoid. I’ve tried LSD twice – once when I was 19 and the second time was a few months ago and I adored it.

Definitely just the MDMA-enema causing bowel movement imo. You've put something foreign (and likely irritating) up your ass, where it shouldn't be (by nature, lol)...this is your body's way of rejecting it and getting rid of it, albeit too late.

Wow, I'm sorry you had to experience that! It's a good thing that you were in a comfortable area that you knew well, without too many others around...that must have been incredibly shocking, and a little scary. I can certainly understand feeling very nervous about that experience! Despite the fact that the MDMA you plugged probably only sat in your rectum, and not in your large intestine, once one part of the bowel is aggravated by something (even if it's "just" the rectum), your entire digestive tract tends to begin peristalsis/squeezing and moving. Have you ever noticed that sometimes when you have just eaten a meal, you feel like you have to shit right away? And you're like "There's no way the food got through my intestines that fast!" That's because as soon as your stomach starts becoming active, the rest of the digestive tract does too. So my best hypothesis for why this happened to you is that the rectum became too irritated.

That being said, props to you for taking the steps to try doing this right- being in a comfortable environment and plugging properly instead of just shoving a pill up there as some people do. As for the rest of it, live and learn! Sometimes ideas work, sometimes they do not. If you are concerned about nausea in the future, you can try taking an antiemetic or anti-nausea medication and drinking some ginger tea to settle your stomach, or I know some people who choose to snort the powder instead of taking it orally. This seems to really help them, but it does not last as long so you need to keep snorting throughout the night, and it really depends on how comfortable you are putting drugs up your nose.

Good luck in the future! Hopefully your next experience is better!!!

Sorry to hear of your problems.
It's possible that plugging set off your bowel problems but it also sounds as if you have might just have got a bug.
Also to consider is that most of the serotonin in your body is in the digestive system.
There has been much (inconclusive) speculation about that on this forum in the past.
Seeing as you have CBS you might have just triggered a reaction.
Another possibility is that when you douched you left some water inside and it came down later on together with more poop.

Massive serotonin release is rather infamous for its effect on the bowels.
If plugging serotonergens, a bathroom is a must, usually.

This is what I worry sometimes that this will happen to myself at an event.. when i'm rolling I never have to shit or piss for around 4 -5 hours and when I start to comedown I finally start to feel that I have a lot of piss in me. So hopefully I won't end up shitting myself one day, but i'm sorry that happened to you. If it makes you feel any better at my last event I went to (where most ppl roll) someone shit their pants because it smelt like straight up fresh shit and I guess that person didn't know until it happened lol.

plug stuff all the time, no enema needed, just make sure you've gone to the bathroom recently....and plug a small volume of liquid like 1 ml and you should have no problems....you used 15mls?....no wonder you had to poop that out a while later.

120 mg should be dissolvable easily in 1ml

Have you tested your MDMA with a testkit? In any case, sorry this happened to you, my guess would be the enema indeed that caused this, 15ml is a lot of water to put up there. Using too much water also probably lowers the biovailability so you should use just enough for the MDMA to dissolve, make the mixture as concentrated as possible

Last edited:
Shit happens ? This may sound stupid but you eating the empty caps may have triggered you to poop (caused by serotonin release). If your using an enema (really not needed btw) then make sure that you have pooped it all out prior to plugging.

Use your enema an hour earlier and then use the smallest amount of liquid possible - like 1 ml of body temperature water. If you feel like you need to poop - douche, swallow - poop, relax and then plug!

Thanks for your support and advice everyone. This a great forum for ppl who want to take drugs safely and minimize the undesirable side effects. And that would be all of us. I'm sorry for the guy E head mentioned. Everyone's worst nightmare - WAY worse than mine.

Sorry to hear you had a rough first experience. Personally, I skip dinner and will do an quick enama before I pug. I am the type whose body goes in a 'fight or flight' mode when I plan to roll. I tend to flush things out up until I peak.... its my nerves because the same thing happens when I fly. Because I don't want to shit out what I just plugged, I make sure the pipes are empty in advance.

Side note, I don't plug because I don't feel the advance work is worth it. I have taken the same pill that I tested as MDMA both oral, snort and plug and I feel all three gave me the same high. The only difference I would say is that snorting effects you faster and plugging is just as slow as swallowing. All three gave the same high for the same length of time. So I have plugged quite a few times but gave it up...There is a ton of debate on the toptic but this is just my opinion.

I would recommend you try it again. Take some precautions, hopefully it will be a success. And if you don't think the high is worth all the hype, then just skip it.