View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A search for the disadvantages of 2CB

Paloimp

Greenlighter
Hey people! Since around half a year I am consuming 2CB. Before that I re-discovered the fun of MDMA but feel like MDMA is a little bit of a troublemaker even with generous (1 to 2 months) breaks. I also tend to overdo it once I have started and end up with several hundred milligrams at the end of the session. After that the "midweek depression" hits and my cardiovascular system seems to be very week for a few days. I also feel like my short-term memory is affected in a bad way. All that does not happen with 2CB. On the contrary, I really fail to find any downsides at all. Long story short at the moment I am doing 2CB around one to two times a week. I usually start with 6-7mg PLUGGED (guess thats equivalent to around 10 to 13mg orally) and redose after about two hours with 3-5mg and often a third time also with 3-5mg. So, dosage wise i am on the lower side where the 2CB is acting more empathogenic and not so much psychedelic. Usually there is just a little bit of wobble and colours are stronger stuff like that. I do smoke a joint with every dose and I am smoking weed daily for 15 to 20 years now. The main problem with 2CB is the lack of data/studies. Reasons that make me think its kind of safe: - It has been used quite a bit when ecstasy was banned and I could not find much horror stories about it. - It has been officially sold by the company "dritte welle" in germany for a while. - It seems to me that it is used to this day without many negative reports - My own subjective feeling that it is not harmful I would very much appreciate if people who do/did 2CB for a prolonged time would post their experience especially the bad ones. It may feel safe to me but who knows? Hmm forum does not accept my paragraphs (or is it called line brake? Not sure no native speaker sorry) so all you see is one big wall of text :/

1 month is certainly not generous. Even with 1 month breaks, MDMA can cause significant issues, even at sub-recreational doses. These include things like neuron death, depression and inability to focus. It's generally a good idea to wait 3 months or longer, especially if you experience significant negative effects from rolling.

Also, it's a bad idea to redose with psychedelics after about the hour and a half mark. Psychedelics build tolerance very quickly. If you took a dose of 2C-B and tried to trip again the next day, you would require 3 times the original dose to experience the same effects. Since the 2C-B has already hit you, dosing again is a complete waste. You're basically just throwing out 2/3 of it down the drain.

2C-B has been around for a long time. It has a relatively known safety profile. It is a serotonin agonist, unlike MDMA which is a serotonin releaser. The main concern is HPPD, but for the average user it's highly unlikely to experience.

Here's a psychedelic tolerance chart:
2qvcw79.jpg

If you took a dose of 2C-B and tried to trip again the next day, you would require 3 times the original dose to experience the same effects.

It is not sure and not always. Psychedelics are tricky things. Be really carefull when try to redose next day or same day.
In theory you probably will need more, but in fact it could be that you do not need so much. Its depends. Its realy hard to say, but better to be orientated to standart dosing also the same day.

Comparing to MDMA it is almost harmless. No hangovers next day.

When created by Shulgin he sad that 2CB is the next stage in therapy after the mdma. )

^ nice post CA i agree with the Hppd as well. 2cb is the most visual substance I have ever ingested.

Hey guys, thx for your input. I agree to everything that has been said about MDMA. I do not fully agree however to your statements according tolerance build with 2CB. I have the impression that people tend to treat 2CB like LSD. For me 2CB has little tolerance build up and redosing works better than with most other substances. I redose at least once and sometimes the first or even the second redose is even better than the initial dose. It may help that my dosage in general is not that high. One could maybe say I stretch one very strong hit into 3. I agree that HPPD may be an issue. Maybe I have been lucky thus far or I am not prone to that. Does anybody know if 2CB is harmful to the liver or other organs? Its a shame that studies for this substance are so rare.

Here are a few user reports from a reddit thread.

I did it 2-3 times a week for a month. Started at 15mg doses but half way through the month I needed 30mg dose to get a good effect. I found half way through the month that my trips started to put me into a state of confusion for hours like i would not be able to pay attention to anything for more than 5-10 seconds till I was thinking about the next thought. It does not get anywhere near MDMA when it comes to serotonin so I wouldnt worry about serotonin problems. The best affect I got from 2cb was when listening to music with headphones on.. bliss

I did 2cb/2ce about 3-4 times a week for a period of around 5 months (I was also using a lot of other drugs during this period) I cut most drugs out of my life about 7 months ago. I developed mild HPPD which seems to be fading away, however I am not too sure about that. However I have no real regrets, although I wouldn't recommend it unless your sure you want too, its a risk 2cb hasn't been studied anywhere near as much as something like LSD and we could barely tell you whether or not you can use LSD weekly.

I did 2cb at least twice a week for about 2 months. I developed slight HPPD that only came out when I was really high on weed. My tolerance also grew a lot, I started doing 20mg hits and ended at about 50mg hits. As for the physical effects I can't really say, at the end of the 2 months I had lost a bunch of weight and my eyes were turning yellow but I was also doing a bunch of other drugs at the time so I don't blame it all on the 2c-b

Moving to psychedelic discussion. 2C-B does have empathogenic properties (at least it does to me) but it's more of a psychedelic than anything else

Here is the 2C-B side-effects / after effects subthread:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/398829-2C-B-Subthread-2C-B-Aftereffects-Side-Effects

You can find a subthread like that usually in the opening post of a centralized general thread on a substance or topic: the Big & Dandy threads in PD.

Those are listed in the PD index, link below in my signature.

In short I think 2C-B is a relatively safe substance. It can be rather caustic as seen when snorted, and I agree on HPPD becoming a problem with overuse i.e. multiple times in a week. But in my opinion there is not much wrong with doing 2C-B on a weekly basis, you could do much worse.

I developed HPPD from dosing 2C-B weekly for around 2 months at doses from 15-25mg. I never had such issues from LSD or Psilocin at the same frequency for longer. 2C-B just seems to have a much higher ability to invoke HPPD, and all my friends IRL agree here, but I guess that makes sense given how visual it is. Though its doubtlessly less objectively 'damaging' than MDMA (much less), I still think it's a bit of an odd one and needs more solid research doing on it. Personally I wish I'd never done it and stuck with LSD/Psilocin/Mescaline/DMT and just do MDMA once a year or so; there is no true replacement for MDMA so IMO best not to replace it and rather just respect it properly, if you wish to continue using it. Although blissful at first gradually my 2C-B trips changed and before I knew it they had a very dark and confusing vibe where it was hard to really have coherent strings of thought or make decisions without becoming confused, a very weird dark and unpleasant vibe and unfortunately this vibe is continued in the HPPD I experience (mainly heavy after-images and trails). The HPPD shows no signs of disappearing 2 years onward from my last dose and even 6 months sober did not change it. Although I function normally in day to day life it does make me feel a bit 'brain damaged' unfortunately.

2CB is like a mild mix of both lsd and mdma for me so it doesnt satisfy me if im replacing mdma for anything its just the same magical feel to it the euphoria is not as strong but hell there no comedown well atleast not for me :D

also like cryptic arc said redosing psychs kills the tolerance dramatically!

Last edited by a moderator: