Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

A retired cop’s shocking life of drugs and crime

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
A retired cop’s shocking life of drugs and crime
By Philip Messing
September 8, 2014

A retired police commander kept a stunning secret for more than two decades: Before joining the NYPD, he peddled crack, tried to murder a fellow drug dealer and was close pals with a notorious cop killer.

Corey Pegues — who collects a $135,000 tax-free line-of-duty disability pension for a back injury — revealed his sordid past on the “Combat Jack’’ podcast Aug. 13, in a blatant attempt to hype his yet-to-be-published book.

Pegues, 45, who retired in April 2013 after more than 20 years on the force, is untouchable because the statute of limitations has expired on his crimes, most of which he confessed to committing in his teens and 20s in Queens.

The former deputy inspector bragged that as a young gangbanger, he made enough money selling crack to buy 75 pairs of expensive sneakers as well as gold jewelry now worth some $30,000.

He chillingly admitted pulling the trigger twice on a rival drug dealer, saying the man would have been killed if the gun hadn’t misfired. “I was maybe like 17,’’ he told the interviewer. “I was like, ‘Yo, I’m going to murder him’ . . . It was all about street cred.’’

Continued http://nypost.com/2014/09/08/a-retired-cops-shocking-life-of-drugs-booze-and-crime/

Jeeze I wonder how he made the force? Oh yea they like ppl that have no morals are followers and will shoot someone for petty shit.

We don't need a public police force

Hopefully soon the sheep will wake up and want to be human beings again

Some day.

More cops like him are needed, with some common sense and against police brutality etc. So what if he sold drugs as teenager? Listen to the podcast before judging.

Yeah, it's a good podcast.
Pretty interesting to hear the guy's perspective.