View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A quick way to come down from plant based psychedelics

awesome31311

Bluelighter
So, I recently had an ergine trip, my mistake was having it on a Sunday. A miscalculation of preparation concentration led me to tripping for 10+ hours straight and I had to come down before 10 pm so I could be sober for class the next day. I was too stoned to cook or prepare any meals so I made a difficult walk to a fried chicken store where I ordered some greasy, salty unhealthy meal. I came down within minutes of having eaten a lot of it.

I've observed this with other plant based psychs like mescaline as well, but to a lesser extent with psilocybin.

And it seems I can easily eat sugary foods, whereas eating anything else feels forced. Also, on ergine I had to hold the seeds down because the urge to puke intensified greatly. But after holding them down for a bit by laying down and staying down, I came down in time.

I've heard from anecdotal reports on YouTube from psychedsubstance that orgasming brings you down right away as well.

I'm genuinely curious as to the chemistry behind this. Is it just me? Does anybody else come down faster when they eat?

I think with all drugs you come down a little when you eat. For example when you drink a lot then eat it takes your drunk away a bit. I think that’s what you’re experiencing

Moved from TR to PD as it is more appropriate there.

Eating or orgasming has sometimes brought me down a little but I suspect this was more due to the fact that some time has passed during the meal/orgasm, and the trip was already nearing the end. I have certainly ate/orgasmed while the trip was still active and it has had no effect on the strength.

For example when you drink a lot then eat it takes your drunk away a bit.

I think that's because the food absorbs some of the unabsorbed alcohol in your stomach, and potentially provides a bit of hydration depending on the food. Most psychedelics are absorbed within 30-60 minutes (or less), so unless you ate during that time, there wouldn't be a way for food to absorb it.

I know when I smoke weed I hold off eating for at least 1 1/2 hours because as soon as I eat I am down. Sort of sleepy and tired. So I can see it bringing me down after eating when I am at the end of a trip. However in the middle of a strong acid trip I learned to get some food in me for the second half at about 5 hours later. I could eat and keep tripping for another 5 hours. Especially smoking weed on top of it it after I eat. :cool:

I know when I smoke weed I hold off eating for at least 1 1/2 hours because as soon as I eat I am down. Sort of sleepy and tired. So I can see it bringing me down after eating when I am at the end of a trip. However in the middle of a strong acid trip I learned to get some food in me for the second half at about 5 hours later. I could eat and keep tripping for another 5 hours. Especially smoking weed on top of it it after I eat. :cool:

Not doubting your experience, but me and most people I know smoked daily for years, and no one ever mentioned coming down the weed due to food.
The only time food made any difference was when someone was having low blood pressure and low blood sugar from smoking too much, in which case some sugar water or soda picks you up real quick.
Do you smoke till you can't get up every time?

No I take a few hits and leave it there twice a day at the end of the day. After dinner. :) Not a chain smoker. But yeah, that has been my experience. Not so much as eating brings me down, it changes the high from snap crackle pop to sleepy and tired. I have always been like that.

The quickest way to end any trip is with a CNS depressant (i.e. alcohol, benzodiazepines). Any other method will be hearsay/hope.

I can second JackARoe’s experience... I’ve been smoking daily for half my life, I was taught to smoke by my dad who smoked his entire life, who was taught by his uncle.

Even as a kid, I was taught to wait on eating after smoking for awhile because it can noticeably reduce the high. Pretty much as Jack describes, gets it to more of a lazy dull high than before.

And I was also taught if you want to kill a high that’s too strong or you need to sober up, drink milk or eat large amounts of dairy like cheese. This works amazingly I’ve found.

I’ve had the same reaction when telling people about this, even had one guy say “you must not get very good bud then” lol. It’s likely because I’m extremely sensitive and aware to my current state and can feel the most minuscule changes.

Here’s a list of foods to come done from various drugs:

Cannabis - Fat heavy foods, dairy like milk or cheese.

Alcohol - Fat heavy foods or foods like bread which can absorb and retain some of the alcohol.

Ketamine - Sugar/sweets. I know k heads which carry candy around for this very reason.

That’s all I can remember for right now.

-GC

Not doubting your experience, but me and most people I know smoked daily for years, and no one ever mentioned coming down the weed due to food.

Growing up, it was common knowledge that eating would bring down your high, people were always trying to avoid eating even though they had munchies. Honestly I think it's part expectation, and part that once you eat your metabolism kicks in and more energy is spent digesting... you feel more lethargic. Once I stopped telling myself it was true, I stopped really noticing it that much.

No I take a few hits and leave it there twice a day at the end of the day. After dinner. :) Not a chain smoker. But yeah, that has been my experience. Not so much as eating brings me down, it changes the high from snap crackle pop to sleepy and tired. I have always been like that.

Interesting, all I can think is that if you are moderate in your smoking, which neither me nor anyone I know has ever been, you keep getting the lowered blood sugar effects, otherwise you lose that when tolerance skyrockets and food stops having any effect.

Growing up, it was common knowledge that eating would bring down your high, people were always trying to avoid eating even though they had munchies. Honestly I think it's part expectation, and part that once you eat your metabolism kicks in and more energy is spent digesting... you feel more lethargic. Once I stopped telling myself it was true, I stopped really noticing it that much.

Smoking never made me feel stimulated, exception made for synthetic cannabinoids.
Whenever I smoked is spoke less and less frequently, moved less, and have been less energetic than before smoking.

It never made me feel stimulated either, but whenever I get full, I definitely feel slowed down, regardless of whether I'm high or sober. I think that may be what people feel and where the "eating makes you come down" thing came from. If you're really used to smoking weed, it's pretty easy to stop feeling high because it's not that intense in the first place because you're always doing it. I'll tell you, these days I don't smoke much and one time recently I got high as balls when I did... I ate a lot of food, and I was still high as fuck.

I usually smoke very strong satvia dominant strains and wont be able to sleep on them while high af on the weed psychedelic trip. Eating food does nothing to chill out this high for the duration i usually take deep breaths listen to the music and do open eyes mediation in the moment to retain my inner sense of being. Its hard to describe but once you have plenty of meditation experince you can control yourself and bring your self up or down just via will power on weed / alcohol / psychedelics. This takes daily practice of effective meditation for months at a end to even start to noticeable a little effect.

I also believe the whole drink milk thing is a old wise tale only works as a placebo which is fine because its about the mindset in changing up the trip.

I usually smoke very strong satvia dominant strains and wont be able to sleep on them while high af on the weed psychedelic trip. Eating food does nothing to chill out this high for the duration i usually take deep breaths listen to the music and do open eyes mediation in the moment to retain my inner sense of being. Its hard to describe but once you have plenty of meditation experince you can control yourself and bring your self up or down just via will power on weed / alcohol / psychedelics. This takes daily practice of effective meditation for months at a end to even start to noticeable a little effect.

I also believe the whole drink milk thing is a old wise tale only works as a placebo which is fine because its about the mindset in changing up the trip.

A cop car passing close is all I ever needed to sober up.