• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

A question for Canadian medical users registered with any LP

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
What strain(s) have you found to be the best for treating nausea? Whether it's something that can hit hard and fast, even it's a heavy couchlocking Indica or a hybrid. I'm trying to figure out if there is a range that I can use; something for the evening where I don't particularly mind if I have a gravitational attraction to the couch - or for something that I can use on the weekends where I can still go out and do things and be at least semi functional.

The nausea is caused by the medication I use to control hypertension.

I haven't looked at Sativa's or Sativa leaning hybrids - but am willing to if anyone can give a good recommendation.

I don't have a preference for any LP since I think the whole medical market is going to be supplying to dispensaries by the end of August and everyone is going to have access to everything.

thanks for any hints.

Tom

If you're a registered MMAR patient within Canada try taking a look at Canna farms, I've always found the Hindu Kush/Blue Widow to be incredibly couchlocking and relaxing. If you're looking to treat nausea it may also help to try out a few CBD dominant strains of which I believe they only have one which is the Canna Bliss.

On another note have you been considering oils at all? I've found the high CBD content oils to be a godsend in terms of pain relief (not overly experienced in the nausea department) but it is a much healthier alternative to smoking if you're looking at going that route.

Cheers and best of luck

Mac

Thanks. I'm registered with Bedrocan because of the price and availability; but am looking forward to August 24th in the expectation that the medical market is going to be opened up to LP supplied dispensaries.

Yep, I am considering oils; both LP supplied, and making my own with the Magical Butter machine (I know, it's just as easy and cheaper to do it yourself with double boilers and strainers not with arthritis). I've responded very well to edibles in the past; the trouble is Ive got no idea of the strength of edibles I've tried, so it's going to be trial and error.

Tom

We can cross our fingers on the market, Hopefully halfway though 2017 we won't have to jump through any hoops at all.

and making my own with the Magical Butter machine

Surprisingly I've never actually heard of this machine until now, I've always made my butter the oldschool way, It's absolutely the way to go though in terms of edibles.

Ive got no idea of the strength of edibles I've tried, so it's going to be trial and error.

Double check all your measurements and start low, can always put in but can't take out.

Hope the oils and/or the edibles do the trick for you, nausea is a real pain.

Mac