• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

A question about subutex

Jacey32

Greenlighter
I dosed twice yesterday 8 mg total 4 mg in each dose. It was only my third day on it. My last dose of 4 mg was around 2pm yesterday. So how many hours until the subutex's blocking effect will be gone? Oh and I dose through my nasal passage.

buprenorphine's half-life is between 24 and 42 hours, so i would wait a minimum of 30 hours

You probably won't get the full effect of your DOC for at least 30 hours, likely much longer. At 30 hours you probably still have the equivalent of 4mg plugged into your receptors.

This is not to say that it is impossible, just that it will take more of your DOC than usual only to get a fraction of the effects of your DOC at the 30 hour mark.

The half life can be as high as 72 hours,but something around 36 hours is normal, so wait at least two days.

Honestly after 1.5 weeks of use I'd say 24 hours it was noticeable, but still minimally diminished. If you want to be safe wait the 36 hours, but don't use as much as you did before you used subs in case your tolerance changed.

This is one of those questions that appears a million times on bluelight and other boards across the internet, sadly no one can answer, there are so many variables that go into play, its such a case by case kind of question. It not only varies from individual to individual, but for each individual it can switch up too. I've shot dope 12 hours after taking 16mg (which I had been on for months) and nearly overdosed I got so high (now this only happened maybe 3-4 times, mostly I would not feel a thing), I've also had times where I waited three days and I still felt like I didn't get 100% out of the full agonist and then when I took my suboxone again, I got higher from that.

Now in your case, you might be able to get away with 24 hours (I'd try to wait 36) because three days isn't enough for the buprenorphine to completely build up in your system (now granted you were taking quite a bit of subutext, and using a ROA that has a higher absorption rate) but this all has to do with your metabolism. Really the only way to ensure that you're going to get your issue properly is if you keep yourself on a low dose, like 2mg, on 2mg I could always get high whenever I wanted on heroin, even 60mg of oxycodone got me off one time.

I think everybody is different when it comes to metabolizing subs depending also on how much you take. It also depends alot on what ROA you use too. Now for me when I slam my subs at 1-2mg doses if I do one dose in the morning I can feel strong opis like dilaudid or H in like 12-14 hrs after my last dose. I have actually felt 8mgs of dilly after just 8 hrs of taking my dose of sub. I have a very fast metabolism so I believe that is why but I would wait at least a full 24 hours to be safe if I were you. don't want to waste anything...