• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

A question about jobs in the Cannabis Industry

eBagger

Bluelighter
I am seeking new employment and I’m heavily considering something marijuana related.

I am thinking about the trimming/farming part of the industry, but I know very little about it. I’m a quick learner, no criminal record, a few degrees, and a passion for the herbs medicinal value. I have a little veggie gardening experience but nothing much. I feel like being closer to nature and farms and fields of kush will hell my blood pressure as much as the marijuana itself has helped the past few years. I don’t care if it pays much money, just working I job I enjoy and feel like I am doing positive in the world sounds good to me.

Does anyone have experience working in the Cannabis field outside of working at a dispensary or budtender? If so what position did you work and did you enjoy it?

I get the impression that they are hard to come by. I've applied for a couple with a blue collar, technical background and not gotten any response at all.
I think that some experience in the field is more important than an excellent work record and/or college.
But hey. Can't hurt to just put in a bunch of resumes.
The jobs I applied for didn't pay that well.

For growing, processing, trimming I would say that there are currently 0 chances of getting thtat type of employment in the Canadian Cannabis industry. They’re bleeding money and constantly making cutbacks and selling off assets. You might have a chance with one of the smaller micro-licensed producers.

Good luck.

Tom

Wow bud trimming jobs are all over around here. However they are under the table and often leave you in risk of legal trouble if the farm is checked in on. All the legal jobs are pretty sewn up. Shoot Ive been trimmin for close to 25 years, could have had a job doing it this summer; and it paid well....but not worth the risk as things were pretty sketchy about the legality of said op.

Yea it’s hard these days and with everyone wanting to do it, you’ll get paid shit. Always remember do the work other people aren’t.

-GC