• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine A Potential Significant Cross-Tolerance Between Cocaine and MDMA, Ritalin, Dexamphetamine (duh)

Am I the problem or is my dealer the problem?

• Cocaine's bunk bro

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • You've fucked with your reward system bro

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

reflexor

Bluelighter
Over the last few months I have been abusing the absolute fuck out of ritalin and dexamphetamine, I plugged 120mg of ritalin a day when I was on it. I eventually got bored and asked my psychiatrist to switch me to dexamphetamine which I also abused the fuck out of. I took roughly 40mg of that every day for a week before I ran out. I have not taken dexamphetamine or ritalin for two weeks.

Yesterday I took three pingas up the hole we don't speak of (I am not gay, just efficient - do not give your ad hominem jargon). God knows how much MDMA was in them because they were white rolexes sold from a guy who charges fuck tons ($120 AUD for 3). I got a mild high at best even with three.

Today I bought a gram of cocaine, I am a first time user and wanted to see how it feels. This is my experience:

1. 6pm - ~200mg plugged. This gave me mild stimulation, similar to ritalin but honestly worse.
  2. 7pm - ~250mg insufflated. This felt good I must admit but certainly nothing compared to my ritalin highs.
  3. 9pm - ~450mg plugged. I am currently high and have body euphoria but I cannot say my $300 dollars was spent well at all and I am not high to the degree that first time cocaine users would expect.

Now I have a question, which I will provide a poll for, is my cocaine bunk or are my neuronal dopamine pathways bunk.

Cheers guys!

First time user, cocaine in Australia… I’m gonna go out on a limb and say probably garbage.

-GC

My first guess, my worst worry. It was probably lidocaine with meth to be honest.

Yea it’ll come to you in time. Once you try good cocaine though you may wish you hadn’t. I’ve heard good quality blow has gotten easier to find down there over the years.

-GC

What you had probably had some cocaine in it, but cocaine isn't an incredibly potent drug by weight in its pure state (though overall it is a potent psychostimulant), thus you need a fair amount.

But low doses of cocaine are nothing mindblowing, producing modestly pleasurable, short lived stimulation.

If you really wanted to get a sense of the drug's power a better use of that fist full of Australian dollars would have been to cook it up into crack and smoke it. Even a gram of low purity cocaine should produce a few chunks of crack, enough to give you a sense of the power of the drug. The added benefit of doing this in Australia is that the incredibly high prices prevents one from spiraling down into a crack addiction.

But if you plugged 3 ecstasy tablets and only got a mild high, it sounds like the ecstasy was bunk. On second thought, if the cocaine came from the same guy you got the ecstasy from, then that may be bunk too.

What you had probably had some cocaine in it, but cocaine isn't an incredibly potent drug by weight in its pure state (though overall it is a potent psychostimulant), thus you need a fair amount.

But low doses of cocaine are nothing mindblowing, producing modestly pleasurable, short lived stimulation.

If you really wanted to get a sense of the drug's power a better use of that fist full of Australian dollars would have been to cook it up into crack and smoke it. Even a gram of low purity cocaine should use a few chunks of crack, enough to give you a sense of the power of the drug. The added benefit of doing this in Australia is that the incredibly high prices prevents one from spiraling down into a crack addiction.

But if you plugged 3 ecstasy tablets and only got a mild high, it sounds like the ecstasy was bunk. On second thought, if the cocaine came from the same guy you got the ecstasy from, then that may be bunk too.

I actually never found low doses to be that bad. And it’s fairly potent.. Maybe no Meth potency but one should be able to feel 25mg pretty damn good. 50mg would have a new user absolutely floored.

For me the euphoria is linear and responsive even in low doses it’s just tolerance that builds quick where pretty soon stupidly high doses are needed to get there.

-GC

Yea, the unfortunate answer is that it could be both. Stimulants of different classes will still often work upon the same essential mechanics of one another. I would call everything you have described a "horse of a different color" situation. Stimulants are pretty cross-tolerant whether you're using Cathinones, Amphetamines or Morpholines like Phenmetrazine. Being tolerant to one is going to diminish the effects of another, although not completely.