Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television A new Netflix series about Resident Evil...

Capcom has been wrecking this franchise for years. Every dog shit game they release is too overly hyped up and the praise is ridiculously high each time. They don't even have any good, original ideas. If they did, they wouldn't need to revisit the year 1998 so many times with all of these remakes, films, spin off games, and whatnot.

I've honestly lost count.

Capcom has been wrecking this franchise for years. Every dog shit game they release is too overly hyped up and the praise is ridiculously high each time. They don't even have any good, original ideas. If they did, they wouldn't need to revisit the year 1998 so many times with all of these remakes, films, spin off games, and whatnot.

I've honestly lost count.
Well said

While I personally feel that Village is overrated dog shit, I would like to play as Ethan's daughter, Rosemary. At least you see her in the cutscenes.

The games started going downhill with Resident Evil 4. I've never understood why everyone loves that game so much.

Didn't say I hated it.

RE4 stepped away from the tank controls of the original trilogy. By doing so, it became less like Afraid of the Dark and more like every other game.

I like the tank controls. Modern games you can see around the corner. In the original RE games, you couldn't see what was directly in front of you.

Horror is better when the game is a mess.

The first game was a beautiful mess.

RE4 was too obvious.

^Idk man I liked both styles of gameplay. When RE4 came out it scared the shit outa me (especially the regenerators... eep!) but obviously they've lost a lot of the flair. RE4 was the last one I played; RE5 sucked so I didn't pursue it much after that. Then I got older and kinda just stopped gaming anyways.

The first film is on Prime right now, thinking about giving it a watch (never have).

A couple of the RE films are actually pretty decent if you go in with low expectations and don't require any loyalty to the games.

The plot of the game series is garbage anyway. The voice acting in the first game is some of the worst I've ever witnessed. As the games go on, the plot becomes more and more convoluted.

I've played every game except for RE7 and Village, because I refuse to get a next Gen console capable of playing either of them. If it doesn't run on a Nintendo Switch, I'm not going to play it.

A couple of the RE films are actually pretty decent if you go in with low expectations and don't require any loyalty to the games.

The plot of the game series is garbage anyway. The voice acting in the first game is some of the worst I've ever witnessed. As the games go on, the plot becomes more and more convoluted.

I've played every game except for RE7 and Village, because I refuse to get a next Gen console capable of playing either of them. If it doesn't run on a Nintendo Switch, I'm not going to play it.

I didn't know you were a Switch Bro, you should stop by S&G

The films were great fun, mostly because Milla Jovovich is brilliant. Not sure about this cartoon version, but I'll give it a gander...

So, I watched the first film, and now I'm part-way through replaying RE4 on my PS2 (looks like potatoes on my 50" lol). I forgot just how God awful the dialogue was... plot too really, cheesy as hell. The film was horrible and a sad mish-mash of the first three games. One nip slip from Milla and that's it?! Saw more of her nips in The Fifth Element! Gameplay in RE4 is on point though, makes my heart pound (especially when Ashley is being a dumb bitch and getting her ass killed >.>).

I need to go back and play the original 3 games but I don't have any for the PS1 nor the Gamecube reboots, and it's my understanding the modern reboots on say PS4/Xbox One do not preserve the original gameplay to be more "accessible".

hate to be brief but after giving this show a fair shake its garbage.
freakin love the pc gaming of the franchise... poppin them heads like popcorn is da bomb