• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

A natural way to stop gurning/jaw clenching

spephspeph

Bluelighter
I don't mean vitamins. Or special foods.

Meeting friend shortly and need to hide it. What's your best way to hide your overactive lower jaw?

Pout?
Bite the tongue?

Help?

vitamins and supplements still do nothing for my "jaw-chewing" problem. if i take more than 20 or 25mgs adderrall, i start to chomp like a cow. the only way to prevent this from happening was to take lower doses.

hope i helped...

Definitely do not start biting your tongue, you will end up bleeding. Trust me, I have the habit of clenching my jaw constantly even when sober, and I switched it up to biting the side of my tongue but had to stop as it became raw and would bleed. It took me a while but I succeeded at switching the habit to clenching again.

Ever thought of chewing gum?

chewing gum makes things worse for me especially the day after when it hurts to eat..

^ Yes, but the OP wanted a way of hiding the fact that he may be on uppers. At least, that is what I got from it.

Yeah gum's ok. Not always available.

Was more looking for a position to put my mouth in, that's easy to hold, and doesn't strain too much

Just being aware of it is sometimes enough. Unless you're super gurning...than I reccomend a plastic dental guard that slips on your teeth to minimize damage. also, staying hydrated is important for dental health.

Maybe some super hard and chewy toffee to stick my mouth in position. Tasty too. Not great for the teeth though...

Magnesium is known to reduce this, and banana's are full of Mag. This isn't a good suggestion really, so I would suggest chewing gum or some hard sweet...otherwise you're a bit fucked.

I'm afraid there's not much you could do other than perhaps a hard toffee like you say. The thought of eating a sweet on stims makes me feel fucking sick though.
It depends what kind of gurning you got going on. If it's jaw-rattling, then it's nigh-on impossible to stop that, other than keeping the mouth shut tight but this isn't a viable option.

Why do you have to hide your drug use from your friend, might I ask?

I took MDMA for the first time since February over the weekend, I have always been prone to face chewing/jaw clenching but on Saturday I got next to no jaw clenches. I have been trying to eat healthier lately and my mum has been putting loads of baby spinach into most things she has been cooking, it does seem as though spinach has a fair bit of magnesium and I have read of people using magnesium supplements to counteract jaw clenches.

It might of been something else but that is the only thing I can think of, and it really did trip me out at the time I had virtually no jaw clenches. So I would advise eating lots of spinach or other magnesium rich foods and see how you go.

Magnesium doesn't work for me. Have tried lots of forms.

The friend is younger, impressionable, and has conservative muslim parents!

As the others have mentioned, try focusing on whatever you're doing and subconsciously just try to relax, I know this is hard for me to do, especially bring prescribed vyvanse. Even moreso today since I just ate a fat dose of some DOC and 60mg lisdex, 8 bupe. :p

You should always have gum (Preferably Trident) when inducing in anything "E" related. Also try resting your tongue at the bottom of your mouth and take deep breath's. I found out often from friends that while you are clenching your teeth your tongue is strained @ the top of your pallet.