View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A mild bupropion trip?

drug_abuse

Greenlighter
This happened to me yesterday and I don't really have an explanation for it.

For some background, I normally take 150mg bupropion daily, however yesterday I missed my dose in the morning. I have snorted small amounts (225mg) of it in the past, but I've never had an effect like this before.

At about 9-10:00pm yesterday, I decided to take 300mg of bupropion orally without crushing it in any way. I went on with what I was doing, hoping to feel more awake. Though, I later forgot I had even took something as I didn't feel anything.
When I went to take a piss, I noticed that my hands were warping oddly reminiscent of LSD trips and everything had a very slight fisheye effect. When I went back to my desk, my body began to have the sensation of tiny tics on it. Although I felt this way, when I went to itch at them, I didn't have any derailment hallucinations of tics or spiders of any kind, although I did see split-second hair like distortions floating by sometimes.

I figured I got into more than I bargained for and decided to change my setting in order to reduce fear. I turned on some netflix and had moderate crawling sensations. At some points I had the crawling sensations in my eyes and I couldn't keep them open, releasing a fair bit of tears.

It's been a couple hours now and the bupropion has worn off, and I still haven't slept [sidenote: I went to sleep an hour after originally writing this]. The thing that has me really confused is that I've been taking 150mg daily for the past two months, why didn't I fell tolerance to 300mg? Another odd thing is that even though 8 hours have passed, I barely noticed any time passing at all. The trip started as soon as it ended.

Bupropion trips are very dirty and have no recreational value whatsoever if anyones wondering.

Any similar experiences out there?

(this was copied from a reddit post I made earlier today)

Last edited:
Any similar experiences out there?

erowid has plenty of them

buproprion is generally considered to be non recreational at best

erowid has plenty of them

buproprion is generally considered to be non recreational at best

I disagree, bupropion can be recreational in the right doses. However, bupropion trips are just seem plain horrible.

One of the really weird effects I get from bupropion are pleasurable mini focal seizures and an odd sense of euphoria. I've only ever gotten this from insufflation though and I wouldn't say it's worth it due to the pain of snorting the shit.

You wanna make this a trip report? If so, just think of a creative title and post it here (consider adding to the story), and I'll do the rest moving it over to the right forum.