• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth A lot of gas after doing meth, I damaged something.

eduznzncer

Greenlighter
Hi. It seems like I no longer can do meth without having a lot of gas about 6 hours after the hit.
I feel like the meth abuse I did few years ago, damaged something in my body, responsible of removing the meth of the body in a good way, now with this mechanism off, worn, a disaster occurs and creates a big amount of gas, ruining the good trip.

After 2 years clean, I tried once again, and saw that this problem is still there, it did not heal, I take the hit, and kicks so good, but few hours later omg a lot of gas. All this made me fully stop meth, I don't know if it is dangerous for the body doing meth on this condition.

I took care of good food and water with the trip, but it did not work. I have tested my pancreas and liver, the doctor told me that they are fine. Any info please? Thanks.

It's nothing to do with meth being "removed", stimulants effect your digestive tract and slow the process in some areas and speed it up in others, it can change the pH of your stomach and ultimately cause gas. You likely have the beginnings of IBS or you're just older and now or your diet is different, regardless large doses of stimulants can cause gas. Even people who take Adderall or less intense stimulants get the exact same thing often from the very first time they take it. You must have just had a resilient digestive process 2 years ago. That's not to say meth isn't causing damage anywhere else in your body.

It's worth saying from the start that we're all different and there are indeed people who have more gas than others. Diet, gut bacteria and even psychosomatic shit can influence how much gas is produced in your digestive tract.

Secondly, Methamphetamine and stimulants in general, all the way down to lowly Caffeine, tend to increase intestinal motility. For many people this leads them to have a bowel movement when they use a stimulant. This increased activity in your gut can and does also contribute to more gas being produced.

If you're using Methamphetamine and potentially not eating a nutritious diet, combined with the myriad other side-effects of Methamphetamine can pretty easily explain increased gas. I mention the nutrition angle, as not eating properly is going to have a negative effect on the equilibrium of bacteria in your gut. When these bacteria are out of balance, increased gas is a common symptom.

I don't think there's anything to worry about so long as you're not in pain and increased gas is your only complaint. I'd consider trying a probiotic and/or some Simethicone, known as Gas-X in the United States. Simethicone doesn't reduce gas, it helps you get rid of it more efficiently. This typically means instead of farting every 20 minutes for 8 hours, you'll do all of that farting 30 minutes after taking the medication.

Thanks for the answers. I recently tried durin two months the most powerful probiotic supplement found on amazon, and I feel fear to try meth again, who knows if that intake will damage again my progress on healing the microbiome if it was the problem in first instance. I have lived in houses with meth addicts, sometimes they leaved the bathroom smelling like hell, even with the fan extractor on and of course the door fully closed, but the smell reaches outside the bathroom, I figured out that meth is something hard to process by the body. Saw many persons farting with meth, but my case was extreme, I have read some experiences with people having my same situation. Thanks.

The windpipes for toots might be strained perhaps a long break might restore homeostasis
Please can anybody explain this to me ?
If I try meth again in the future, I will make sure to start on an empty stomach and only take water, I can eat something once the not long trip ends.

Thanks.