• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants A long nosebleed after snorting speed?

lat

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,
I have snorted around 5 lines of speed a little before New Years
and have been getting nosebleeds ever since (Almost a month and a half).
The speed was burning quite a bit, but nothing unusual here.
I've had nosebleeds after snorting before but they lasted max. 3 days.
My nose isn't bleeding all the time, it's just when I blow my nose there is usually quite a lot of blood on the tissue.

Is it possible that I have permanently damaged someting?
Is there anything I can do about it?

This is getting really annoying and I'm starting to get really worried, so would appreciate any answers.

Thank you! :)

I'm no expert but I've heard of it. I don't think it's anything too unusual. Just back off and check your stuff.

That sounds pretty normal to me, the nasal membranes are pretty fragile. I get bloody tissues just when the air is too dry. Are you sure it isn't just from the winter weather?

Last edited:
Thank you both for the answer, didn't really worry about it, it's just the fact that it' been going on for this long. No I'm pretty sure it's from snorting since I'm only bleeding from my left nostril (the snorting one :) ) and I've never had a nosebleed in my life before started snorting.

Gotcha. I don't have an answer for you, but you could always see a doctor if it's bothering you. Nosebleeds seem to be a very common side effect though, and unless you're like gushing blood, I wouldn't be too worried. The thing about nosebleeds is whenever you're blowing your nose you're kind of re-opening the wound, so that's why they tend to stick around for a while. If it's still there much longer and it's concerning you, see a dr for your peace of mind. Also, try using a saline spray, having dry nasal membranes never helps!