• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A lesson on psychedelic abuse, and why you need to be careful.

Vexanize

Bluelighter
Hello. I am going to start off saying that I do not condone the use of psychedelics for insight, even though it did help me for a while.

First off, about 1 year ago, 2 years ago, i can't even recall how long ago it was when i started to use LSD. It all began with my friend, we'll call him Jack since it rhymes with crack in which he did every single drug and went psychotic. I had been asking around for psychedelics (particularly LSD) for months at this point, and I finally came across Jack. He was selling 125ug tabs for $5 each so knowing how good of a deal that is, I bought 2 tabs. I took both and ended up having the best feeling of my life, of course, that's what I thought at that moment. I had no idea what my psychological addiction would turn out to be. I continued using day after day, doubling the dose each day. On the fourth day I ended up taking 14 tabs of LSD with some MDMA mixed in, equating to 1.7mg of lysergic acid and 200mg of ecstasy. Of course, I tripped balls and was having the time of my life, smoking weed with my friends. I did overdose since I drank alcohol and almost died, I threw up for 2 days straight to the point where it was only water that was coming up.

After that, my psychological addiction started, and my touch with reality diminished. I was becoming delusional, depressed, anxious, and abusing LSD weekly with an average dose of 300-400ug. I would lash out at friends because of irrational reasons/becoming jealous of their activities and such. I was stuck in a thought loop that I thought would never end with the fear that every single year I would lose all of my friends and reputation and I was scared almost all the time. It got to the point where during every trip comedown I would go psychotic, one time to the point where I punched a glass picture and it cut about a half an inch out of my skin, and now it's scarred just to remind me, "hey, remember when you were a useless drug addict?". I am also reminded of this old maladaptive behavioral lifestyle by constant trip flashbacks; they are getting better, but still scare the shit out of me.

So, my point is, everything is OKAY in MODERATION. Nothing is okay in abuse. I hope some of you new comers to psychedelics will learn to never ABUSE these drugs for insight, only use it when you need it for that reason or you wanna party :\. I'm not trying to scare anyone off of using psychedelics, because they can be a wonderful insightful drug, but only if you're in the correct mindset and have a strong will power to resist abuse.

Peace. :D

Ya no doubt man, I took a hefty amount of ayahuasca a month ago (b caapi and p virids, about 100g of each) and that changed me, probably permanently. I felt pretty hopeless for several days but finally got a decent recovery from what had occurred. It was a feeling of utter hopelessness, eternal damnation, and I reflected on every single thing I did wrong (mostly recent stuff though) and felt as if God had completely left me behind, forever. I kept thinking of the story in the bible (I think it's in one of the gospels) about a man pleading from hell (with Jesus I think). Anyway he's asking if he could tell his family how to avoid going there (to hell) as he know's he himself can't ever escape. I felt like that person. Then I felt that I was actually God and that I would exist for eternity and be very, very lonely. It was brutal. I got over it... mostly... but I concur man, psychedelics can be dangerous or life threatening at times if not careful.

thats what i forgot to mention, it turned me agnostic and i felt as if god just left me to rot. I was so delusional i wanted to die so badly so that i could live in nirvana. hell, the reason i wrote " 1 year or maybe 2 years" is because i actually cant remember how long ago because i probably abused mdma 20 times and lsd 40 times in one year and a handful of other drugs including fentanyl, which made me lose 15 pounds in 3 days. I'm so glad I'm done with all that shit and just back to natural herbs and weed.

Although, i did do some psilocybin extract about a week ago but it was very insightful and wonderful, but i hadn't done psychedelics in months and had no repercussions because of that fact. So, thats an example of how psychedelics can be good in moderation.

Last edited:
Yeah drugs used as an escape never tend to work out very well lol. Doesn't sound like you were using it for insight but as you said to feel good.

yes, at first it was for insight. Then, I got addicted to the feeling and the escape of reality. I have a addiction prone personality I think because of bi-polar disorder

Why does it seem like every time i hear about someone getting addicted to psychedelics it?s always LSD? Either that or ketamine.

Psychedelics are definitely a wonderful experience and i could see how someone would get into an addiction. While i can see the addiction potential, psychs just never put hooks in me like that. I have never felt the urge to take a psychedelic the day after a powerful experience with one.

I am horrendously impulsive and addiction prone with opiates, amphetamine, alcohol, and most drugs i take but psychedelics never made me feel that way. I respect and fear the experience because i know the power psychs can have over your mind. Even the day after my best mushroom trip, which i would deem one of the best experiences of my life, i did not have the urge to take them again even though i still had over 6 grams sitting around.

I?m sorry to hear you had a negative overall experience with psychedelics. From my really bad experiences with weed in my teens i know how out of touch and detached this kind of situation can make you feel. I hope you are able to make a full recovery and keep living your life happy and healthy.

Last edited:
people desperate for insight and can't find it through the drug so they keep trying the same thing over and over and over again. "Have i ever told you the definition of insanity?".

Last edited:
thanks man! I am, actually. I'm only smoking ganja atm, I don't ever plan to go past anything but herbs (not the psychedelic ones, just like kratom n' shit).

Good on you! I?m not trying to make you feel bad about using weed but just know that it is technically a psychedelic. I just don?t like seeing people get blindsided by the dark side of ganja because they think it too benign to hurt them.

Just keep working on yourself and don?t let your mind become your enemy.

oh i know the bad side, i was psychologically addicted to that too lmao. I'm learning how to use it medicinally, especially when i get panic attacks where i can't breathe (it's ironic since weed makes you cough lol), but, it helps every now and then. I usually name drugs by their actual class so it kinda bothered me that you used psychedelic instead of psychotropic, lol jk.