• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

A good death and reflections on dying

Dr. Yalom Irvin talks a buttload about death. He has some talks on youtube.

A good death would be after I lived my life and had all my experiences, etc. A good death would be all my loved ones ready to part with me.

Great question. I've never really contemplated how I'd prefer to die too deeply, or what constitutes a "good" death - when ultimately, death is death is death at the end of the day - however it's easy to see the distinction between say an overdose and dying at 80 after a fruitful life. I wouldn't want to suffer a lot of pain, nor lose my mind before I die, to be honest.

I've considered buying a will kit recently just so I can have it on paper that when I die i'm not buried but cremated and my ashes scattered in the ocean. I don't need to take up space in the earth with a coffin. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust and stuff.

I've considered buying a will kit recently just so I can have it on paper that when I die i'm not buried but cremated and my ashes scattered in the ocean. I don't need to take up space in the earth with a coffin. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust and stuff.

I'd like something really dramatic done with my body, like having it blown up or eaten by a lion or something. :D

I'd like something really dramatic done with my body, like having it blown up or eaten by a lion or something. :D

This is going to sound really twisted.. but I'd like to see it put through one of those industrial shredders to see what it does to a human body.