View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A few questions

ghdesbrough

Greenlighter
Hey guys, im finally getting fed up searching all over the internet for all the little questions I have about LSD. I've dropped acid twice before. The first time it smacked me in the face and made me instantly fall in love with the substance. Second time we think it was a dud. I had the feelings of coming up, etc. but nothing at all like I know acid should be. Anyways, that's besides the point. What little I actually know about acid comes from my good friend who has experimented with acid for quite some time, and the internet. Over the last month with me and my friend's experiments with acid, a lot has gone wrong. The first time I purchased 2 hits, one for me and one for my friend, he felt absolutely nothing and then had to watch over me while I tripped all through the night. Second time, me and a group of 4 other people felt NOTHING from the "acid". This is my third attempt and I think i'm done with acid if this doesn't work, at least until I find a 100% reliable source. It would be a shame to turn away from acid because of how beautiful it was!

1. Acid in all shapes and sizes?

The only acid I've seen or had come from my friend, who has several people who can contact. So in general, the acid he brings over looks different all the time. Mostly it just looks like a piece of paper torn into strips about half the size of a penny. No trippy pictures on them, or colors. Usually just white paper, however today he gave me some that looks like construction paper. I don't know if there is any way to tell if the "acid" im buying is just paper and im getting ripped off for a quick buck.

2. Kick in time

My first time with acid, it took about an hour and 15 minutes until my perception went all whack on me, and everything because magical. My friend tells me that some times it takes 2 hours for him, and Ive read anywhere between 30 minutes to 3 hours online. Is there a straight answer for this or does it all just depened on the dose and tolerance?

Thanks guys I appreciate any answers!

1. Acid in all shapes and sizes?

LSD is almost always found in solution, so it's just a clear liquid that can be placed on anything. To ensure that what you have is LSD, you should get some Ehrlich's reagent and test it.

2. Kick in time

It varies substantially due to a variety of factors, including dose, tolerance, diet, individual body chemistry, and more. 30 minutes and 3 hours are both extreme, but not implausible.

You need to be testing your drugs. You could be taking something dangerous without even knowing it. Testing kits are easy to find online.

Hey welcome to PD / bluelight :)

This is our thread on "research chemicals on blotters":
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/498199-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Research-Chemicals-on-Blotters-Thread

We don't really allow ID threads, just to point that out, because we cannot tell from across the internet what is on your blotter - you cannot tell by looking at it either, like these guys say you need a testing reagent.

LSD is not almost always found in solution, for the enduser! Perhaps for some people that is coincidentally the most common way for them to find it / get it, blotter paper seems to be more common on average afaik.
What is true - not sure if that is what was meant - is that LSD is made as crystal out of reacting / extraction workup solutions, then transferred into alcohol-containing solution ('liquid acid'), or - and this is for most distribution - temporarily dissolved before transfered to blotter paper and dried.
[It's just like medications are most often found in capsules, but occasionally also as liquid or suppository etc... and ecstasy pills are common, as easy carriers of a dose.. but MDMA powder/crystal is also found besides that.]

White paper without any print on it, or perforations, is not uncommon either - this is called WoW (white-on-white) blotter. Still it doesn't prove there is LSD on it, just that it is plausible.

Construction paper?? Hmm well that does sound suspicious. I mean, test your acid if you can't rely on quality / often get bunk or duds / have any reason to believe it might be something else. Which is basically always, unless you know people who are so well connected that good acid is just known to be available by reputation, ease of access, quality standards uphold etc... its kinda rare and priviliged. But if your paper hits are thick, big or of unusual material it is THAT much more suspicious and important to test.

Kick in time / what is called onset:
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_effects.shtml

tends to be 20-60 minutes, but in my experience for people have never or rarely tripped before, especially on low to moderate doses, it can take longer for them to realize and recognize that they are tripping.

More experienced trippers learn to recognize alerts that tell them something is starting to take effect. Often the peak of effects would be there after an hour, at least before the 2nd hour point IMO.

If it consistently takes hours to truly start working, and develops very slowly - then it doesnt really sound typical or right to be honest. There are research chemicals like DOX that take hours to come up.
But again: the only way to know is to test with a reagent!

Some people will recommend that bitter taste is a bad sign, which is true if it is really overwhelmingly nasty bitter - but on the other hand true LSD blotter can have a pretty funky or soapy taste, the paper and ink can have, too.. so it's not conclusive - just indicatory.

Last edited: