• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

A few questions... need advice.

hazmatz

Bluelighter
I have been given the opportunity to purchase either a 140mg capsule or 200mg capsule of very pure MDMA (reagent tested) but I have a few questions.

I plan on taking them about half a year from now. By that time it will have been approx 8 months since my last roll. Is that enough time to completely reset my tolerance?

I am a tall, skinny male. Is 200mg over doing it for me? I have had more in one night in the past but not all at once. With a low tolerance, is 200mg potentially dangerous? Again, this is very pure stuff with no cuts or additives.

Another side question I have is how long does it take for serotonin receptors to upregulate? I have read studies claiming over 20 years, while others suggest that they can replenish in less than a month. Anyone have a reliable source on this information?

I apologize in advance if any of these questions seem dumb. I just like to gain all the knowledge I can about what I'm putting in my body.

It depends how much have you used MDMA before. Usually 8 months is more than enough, but if you've abused MDMA then it might not be. And yes, 200mg would be overwhelming without tolerance. If you were to do 200mg, I'd do it 2x100mg.

Thanks for the response. Last year I went a little overboard with a lot of untested pills bought from shady people. In the month of June I estimate that I took over a gram of "MDMA" in total. I would assume that is considered abuse but by my next time rolling it will have been over a year since that incident.

I promised myself that I wouldn't roll until I felt mentally stable again (the Sumner was a difficult time for me) and now I feel like I'm ready but I'm still going to wait another 6 months from now regardless.

200mg isn't physically dangerous, but will be very overwhelming all at once. Honestly I would split it, take 130mg initially and boost my roll with the remaining 70mg an hour and a half in. Just make sure to test the stuff.

I'm about 140-150lbs and as my 3rd trip I had 200mg of ~80% pure (supposedly, I could not verify) MDMA crystal (equals to ~160mg pure MDMA). I was too high, just too intoxicated. I had hard time appearing somewhat normal on public or even knowing what was it that I was about to do.
Today I would do that in two parts: 2/3 of a dose followed by 1/3 of a dose when I feel the effects coming in (at about 30-60mins). or now that I think of it, I would not do such a big dose, but 150mg instead of 200.

Last edited:
I'm about 140-150lbs and as my 3rd trip I had 200mg of ~80% pure (supposedly, I could not verify) MDMA crystal (equals to ~160mg pure MDMA). I was too high, just too intoxicated. I had hard time appearing somewhat normal on public or even knowing what was it that I was about to do.
Today I would do that in two parts: 2/3 of a dose followed by 1/3 of a dose when I feel the effects coming in (at about 30-60mins). or now that I think of it, I would not do such a big dose, but 150mg instead of 200.

Thanks a bunch. I weigh less than that so I would assume that 200mg is way too much for me.

200 mg is almost certainly too much for someone with low tolerance. Even 140 mg is a higher-than-normal dose if the product is pure.

MDMA is one of the few drugs that I've ever found that pretty much universally has the same dosage requirements for everyone without tolerance - 100-120mg for a full-blown experience.

If you really want to get messed up, 200mg will certainly do it, but you get the full experience of MDMA without your brain being smashed with a hammer from 100-120mg of high quality stuff in my opinion. Certainly as the dose goes up, the likelihood of you remembering all of it goes down exponentially. You'll know you had a great time but it won't take long for you to forget what made it so great.

I would say, even with my limited experience, that after certain "treshold" dose (~100-150mg), the emphatogenic experience don't get any higher with the increased dosage. You just get more dizzy and buzzed. And for that, you can just as well get LSD or some other nice stuff which is not that risky for your mental healt. No need to totally drain your serotonin reserves when it does not provide any additional emphatogenic feeling.

200mg of potent MDMA will have you rolling face
If you're at home it could be okay but still very intense.
Anywhere you aren't comfortable would be a recipe for disaster at the point.
I would say buy the 200mg capsule and when the time comes you can do 140mg and then redose with the remaining 60mg as you peak unless you already as high as you would like.
You can always take more but can never take less yadda yadda