• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids A few questions I'd like to ask before taking Prebagalin for the first time

RaddestofLads

Greenlighter
1. Can you take coffee with it? If so, will it accelerate the absorption?

2. Planning to take it early in the morning on the weekend, should I not?

3. Would anyone else be able to tell I'm high? Planning to do 300 mg, if that matters.

Thanks to anyone who answers.

1. Yes coffee should be fine. I have no idea about absorbtion.
2. You could try. I don't have much experience with Pregablin but I do gabapentin and the first few times it can make you feel kind of stimulated. It's kind of an odd stimulated/downer type effect that's every subjective. But expect sedation toward the latter part of the experience and with long term use, rather than energy,
3. Higher dosing will definitely impact your coordination (similar to drinking but not as extreme). I believe Pregablin is much stronger & more potent, so it's more likely to bring out these side effects than say gabapentin.

W
1. Yes coffee should be fine. I have no idea about absorbtion.
2. You could try. I don't have much experience with Pregablin but I do gabapentin and the first few times it can make you feel kind of stimulated. It's kind of an odd stimulated/downer type effect that's every subjective. But expect sedation toward the latter part of the experience and with long term use, rather than energy,
3. Higher dosing will definitely impact your coordination (similar to drinking but not as extreme). I believe Pregablin is much stronger & more potent, so it's more likely to bring out these side effects than say gabapentin.
Would I seem blatanty drunk or could I just pass off as really tired on 300 mg first time? If so, I'd have to lower my dosage as my parents might find out. (Over 18 btw, living with your parents as an young adult is normal in my culture)

W

Would I seem blatanty drunk or could I just pass off as really tired on 300 mg first time? If so, I'd have to lower my dosage as my parents might find out. (Over 18 btw, living with your parents as an young adult is normal in my culture)
Hopefully some one with more experience with pregab steps in.

I find the effects from gabapentin (pregabs little sibling) to be mild enough that its easy to pass off as feeling tired or just "having an off day".

However, with pregablin, the effects might be more extreme since it's much more potent and doesn't have the same ceiling & limited potential as gabapentin does.

1. coffee and lyrica go great together.

2. morning is the best time to take it. lasts all day and is very enabling. lyrica gives me energy and removes hesitation, resulting in a productive day.

3. 300mg no tolerance? you won’t be fall down drunk. you won’t even be slurring your words. you will be bubbly enough that someone who knows you could notice. you also might be clumsy. are you an addict in early recovery and youre going to be interacting with your parents all day? they’ll probably suspect youre high. otherwise you’ll just appear to be in a good mood.

1. coffee and lyrica go great together.

2. morning is the best time to take it. lasts all day and is very enabling. lyrica gives me energy and removes hesitation, resulting in a productive day.

3. 300mg no tolerance? you won’t be fall down drunk. you won’t even be slurring your words. you will be bubbly enough that someone who knows you could notice. you also might be clumsy. are you an addict in early recovery and youre going to be interacting with your parents all day? they’ll probably suspect youre high. otherwise you’ll just appear to be in a good moods.
Never been addicted to drugs. Parents are also very vanilla people, they'll think I'm studying all day in my room. won’t be able to tell a thing. Thank you to both for taking the time to answer my questions. Have a great day!

Last edited: