View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A few questions for those with HPPD.

nuube

Bluelighter
Hi folks I was reading a few replies on here and notice many people have experienced this. I was wondering a few things about it:

Do you think it was the result of heavy or frequent use?

Do you still trip while having it and if so are the visual aspects of the trip lessened?

How big of an impact does it have on your lives?

How long have you had it?

Thanks to all for taking time to educate me.

Hey, if you're referring to mild visual effects, I think it is somewhat common amongst people who use psychedelics. For me, it is usually so subtle as to not be an issue of any concern and only really seems to be noticeable if I've taken psychedelics recently or have not been getting enough sleep. Doesn't have any effect on visuals while tripping. I've experienced it since the first time I had LSD.

It did worry me for a while because I thought it may become more intense with age, but it hasn't and I've just gotten used to it.

Hey, if you're referring to mild visual effects, I think it is somewhat common amongst people who use psychedelics. For me, it is usually so subtle as to not be an issue of any concern and only really seems to be noticeable if I've taken psychedelics recently or have not been getting enough sleep. Doesn't have any effect on visuals while tripping. I've experienced it since the first time I had LSD.

It did worry me for a while because I thought it may become more intense with age, but it hasn't and I've just gotten used to it.

Thanks.

Is it always mild or do people get it so bad that it gets in the way of normal life? For yourself when it intensified what sort of things were you experiencing?

Can't say I've ever noticed any and over the years I've take a decent enough amount of PD's. It's a very interesting phenomenon thanks for letting me know your experiences.

From what I'm hearing would I be right in saying it can be more of a novelty than any major concern? I don't know a great deal of people personally who have tripped but if the 5/6 that have none of us have experienced any visual disturbances afterwards.

I'm going to flat-out answer with a NO because I personally would never want to be affected by this disorder, but hey, if "free" trips -- as people call them -- are your thing and if you don't mind to see some things, then don't pay any mind to it and plunge into dropping 'cid. However, I don't know the extent of HPPD, so I don't know if it could be as severe as seeing things melt or color changes or so on and so forth, and quite frankly, I do not wish to know.

I think it's also largely dose-dependent, but HPPD may develop after any dose level. The higher the dose you take, the more likely you are to be affected by it and with more intensity than lower doses.

I wouldn't either but if it was just minor disturbances it wouldn't be a huge thing to cope with. I used the word novelty for want of a better word as opposed to minimising the condition - as said I have no reference point on it so don't know how bad it could be.

I only know one other person who sees it. For him, it came about through use of psilocybe mushrooms and he's explained it as a wavy colouring against dark backgrounds. I've spoken to people on other forums about it over the years and it seems to be more of a background thing that can be tuned out quite easily or become more noticeable when paying attention to things.

When I say it's common, I mean it's probably not that uncommon, some people who experience it find it so subtle that they may not even really be aware that it's abnormal or wouldn't bother to mention it.

Subtle patterns, auras and other light visual 'additions' are generally what I experience. Warping and more intricate patterns seem to come in the days after tripping. Other drugs can precipitate it too, like ganja for example. The only times it is of any slight concern is when I see something like a glow around clouds or hills and I'm not sure whether it's the moon or some source of light causing it or if its' HPPD.