• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

a few question about opiorphin

gethigh

Bluelighter
if this is the wrong forum please move it. this is supposedly 6 times as potent as morphine, it is found in human saliva. i was wanting to know if it was possible to get high on this for one. What the effective dose would be, and the oral bioavailibility of it.

as it's a peptide, it'll have extremely low oral bioavailability, I believe. 0%, perhaps.

How long it takes that if you burn your tongue, this peptide works, or does it help at all on burned sensation reducing?

This stuff won't work at all, either taken orally or applied locally in the mouth mucosa. Degradation is thought to proceed extremely fast inside the body, nor would uptake through any mucosa happen. Therefore, no analgesic effect at all.

who knows. could be a precursor or a metabolite. It's not peripherally acting, so it's local presense is a bit of a mystery.

could just be an evolutionary error that hasn't been removed yet.

This stuff won't work at all, either taken orally or applied locally in the mouth mucosa. Degradation is thought to proceed extremely fast inside the body, nor would uptake through any mucosa happen. Therefore, no analgesic effect at all.

Actually it does work as an analgesic (on most people - as everyone's body does after all react differently to things), I have used my saliva my whole life, to apply it you simply sucks on the wounds while you have a good amount of spit..no "proper" application of any kind is needed. I hope this helps.

Actually it does work as an analgesic (on most people - as everyone's body does after all react differently to things), I have used my saliva my whole life, to apply it you simply sucks on the wounds while you have a good amount of spit..no "proper" application of any kind is needed. I hope this helps.
Saliva may have analgesic properties but you have to make a huge logical leap to link that effect to opiorphin. Opiorphin produces effects centrally, but it isn't a local anesthetic. There is no way that exposing opiorphin to an open wound would produce analgesia via opioid effects.