• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

A CORRUPT police officer who tipped off the head of a $40 million cannabis growing s

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
A CORRUPT police officer who tipped off the head of a $40 million cannabis growing syndicate is suing police for unpaid leave.

Former senior constable Amanda Boughen, 43, has launched action in the Industrial Relations Court seeking $21,178 in unpaid annual and long service leave accrued over her 16-year career.

The disgraced police officer was charged with multiple corruption related offences in late 2013 after a covert Anti-Corruption Branch investigation.

It was launched when her offending was discovered as part of a major drug investigation, dubbed Operation Scarlett, which smashed a $40 million, tri-state cannabis growing operation and resulted in 16 arrests.

In 2015, Boughen was given a two-year jail term with a nine-month non-parole period after pleading guilty to one count of fabricating, altering of concealing evidence. Other charges, including abuse of public office, were withdrawn.

She was released from jail in July after serving half of her non-parole period, the remainder served on home detention.

Boughen, of Mawson Lakes, alleges police “have stalled’’ in paying her the entitlements, despite repeated requests since she resigned in 2014.

The case, in which Boughen is self-represented, is being heard by IRC deputy president Karen Bartel.

Her claim states she is owed $5179.75 in unpaid long service leave, $15,959 annual leave and $39.68 in time off in lieu.

“I worked for 16 years as a police officer and accrued this long service leave, TOIL and annual leave over that time,’’ she states. I resigned from (police) in December, 2014.

“They have stalled in paying this too (sic) me, I have tried to request this through (police) a number of times only to be told they are waiting for another department’s recommendation, legal advice sought in late 2014, advised me to place a claim through the courts as (police) will keep stalling paying me.’’

Boughen’s offending was one of the worst cases of police corruption in recent history.

During her trial it emerged she had created an elaborate false identity in the name of “Nicole Hooper’’, who she then claimed rented a property she owned to grow cannabis.

She had paid herself a security deposit, arranged an electricity account in Hooper’s name and created fake email exchanges with her “tenant’’.

The court also heard that in 2010 she tipped off the ringleader of a cannabis growing syndicate, Storm Strang, who police were investigating.

Strang — a former partner — and his associates were renting another of her properties to grow cannabis.

In sentencing, Judge Paul Rice rejected her claims she was coerced and manipulated into the drug trade by members of the syndicate.

Ms Boughen did not return calls.

Source: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...e/news-story/c4cd19bb3f4b401d44a90a727be5b5c1

I'm so confused, but I feel like this cunt has some real balls to try to get this money from her employer. Hopefully her business associates just fucking kill her. What a scumbag.

I'm so confused, but I feel like this cunt has some real balls to try to get this money from her employer. Hopefully her business associates just fucking kill her. What a scumbag.

She's got a lot of nerve to expect compensation for unpaid leave, and it suggests to me a shameless woman.

Be that as it may, hoping her business associates kill her seems a little excessive in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, she's earned the title of 'scumbag,' but I rest my case.