• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants a burning urethra and finding a new vein

Status
Not open for further replies.

snazzy_sn

Bluelighter
odd things been happening lately, the last three or four shots i've done (which by my standards are relatively tiny) have caused a somewhat unpleasant burning sensation in my urethra immediately following injection. i've experienced spontaneous ejaculation from i.v. meth twice but this is something different, and there's a slight discharge every so often. anyone else experience this?

also... i need to find a new vein, but i'm very uncomfortable injecting anywhere besides the inside of my left and right elbow. it's getting ugly though.
but where's a good place to go next?

Get yourself checked, I think you might have picked up an STD from that whore.

Not at all princess <3 , I got your messages this morning but I was sleeping, you know I sleep in late. I'm also on vacation right now so I'm using my phone which is a bitch to BL/AIM on.

You know I just want you to get clean and be safe :D You need to get yourself tested and quit the tweak, first step is to lay off the needle.

odd things been happening lately, the last three or four shots i've done (which by my standards are relatively tiny) have caused a somewhat unpleasant burning sensation in my urethra immediately following injection. i've experienced spontaneous ejaculation from i.v. meth twice but this is something different, and there's a slight discharge every so often. anyone else experience this?

also... i need to find a new vein, but i'm very uncomfortable injecting anywhere besides the inside of my left and right elbow. it's getting ugly though.

got some amoxicillin or cefalosporin lying around?

the burning urethra thing only happens immediatley after doing a shot.
if it were an infection wouldn't this be a persistent thing?

and tricomb, i'm still on the needle, but i'm being a lot less reckless, and i've been taking care of myself, and i haven't been getting delusional so i mean, that's an improvement... right?

You are injecting meth? Meth causes the blood vessels in your kidneys and bladder to constrict. With less blood flow, the kidneys produce less urine and toxins get recycled back into the bloodstream (not good). Urine becomes concentrated and sits in the bladder and meth also causes bladder neck constriction. All this can result in bladder infections, inflamed urethra, inflamed kidneys, etc, so it makes sense to me that it could be causing your symptoms, especially since you say you notice the symptoms after injection. But I would still, as others have recommended, definitely get tested for a urinary tract infection and for STDs. It could be that you have a mild infection and when you inject the meth it makes the symptoms much more noticeable, as the meth is constricting the bladder and urethra.

Related reading:
A patient's bladder ruptures after using meth
How meth affects the body - this one is really great info and very detailed
Meth - Urinary system efffects

EDIT: I forgot about finding a new vein, check out a vein chart. Next location would probably be other places on your arms, or your legs. Seriously try to rotate your veins, meth can be damaging to veins.

Last edited:
snazzy_sn, have I suggested plugging to you? The rectal BA of methamphetamine is just below IV by a little bit, and is higher than the BA for all the rest of the ROAs. It's basically the easiest drug for someone to switch from IVing to plugging with, in terms of not really wasting any of the drug since the rectal BA is about 99%. The smoking BA is just below rectal, and since smoking usually results in quicker increase in blood concentrations, it hits you a bit faster than rectal administration, but rectal administration still hits you faster than snorting or eating meth.

At least slowly switch from IV to plugging. You need to start taking steps to improve your body and mind, and letting go of the needle is a big part of that.

You are injecting meth? Meth causes the blood vessels in your kidneys and bladder to constrict. With less blood flow, the kidneys produce less urine and toxins get recycled back into the bloodstream (not good). Urine becomes concentrated and sits in the bladder and meth also causes bladder neck constriction. All this can result in bladder infections, inflamed urethra, inflamed kidneys, etc, so it makes sense to me that it could be causing your symptoms, especially since you say you notice the symptoms after injection. But I would still, as others have recommended, definitely get tested for a urinary tract infection and for STDs. It could be that you have a mild infection and when you inject the meth it makes the symptoms much more noticeable, as the meth is constricting the bladder and urethra.

Related reading:
A patient's bladder ruptures after using meth
How meth affects the body - this one is really great info and very detailed
Meth - Urinary system efffects

EDIT: I forgot about finding a new vein, check out a vein chart. Next location would probably be other places on your arms, or your legs. Seriously try to rotate your veins, meth can be damaging to veins.

^scary shit. i didn't want to know that :/

where can i find a vein chart?
i've been looking around and can't seem to find anything.

however, the answer to my current problem is not so dangerous, and quite hilarious i think.

so i figured it out...
the last shot i did caused me to ejaculate, but when i do meth my penis well... unless erect... well shrivels... so that initial ejaculation from the shot has been getting caught in my constricted urethra...

And plugging has been suggested to me by a lot of people, and while i'm not nearly the rush junkie i was awhile back, i still do a reckless size shot from time to time and just can't fathom getting that feeling from any other ROA but then again I've never actually tried rectal...

I think it's the needle. I love the needle. I don't know how to fix this

^scary shit. i didn't want to know that :/

where can i find a vein chart?
i've been looking around and can't seem to find anything.
Well the best veins in order are:
1. crook of your arms
2. other parts of your arms
3. the insides of the legs (avoid the groin, avoid deep veins near arteries)
4. your hands and wrists
5. last resort: feet or veins in the sides of the abdomen (these are both not a great idea but if a person has exhausted all other possibilities these are still a much a better choice than the neck, the groin, or the breasts/genitals/face/etc)

Avoid places where the veins are close to arteries, where there are a lot of nerves, and where veins branch.

You can find all manner of vein charts just by Googling "vein map" or "vein chart" or "veins and arteries of the arm", etc

Here's one of the arm:

11226W.jpg

Here's one of the legs:

legcirculation.jpg

however, the answer to my current problem is not so dangerous, and quite hilarious i think.

so i figured it out...
the last shot i did caused me to ejaculate, but when i do meth my penis well... unless erect... well shrivels... so that initial ejaculation from the shot has been getting caught in my constricted urethra...
That doesn't explain the burning sensation though.

And plugging has been suggested to me by a lot of people, and while i'm not nearly the rush junkie i was awhile back, i still do a reckless size shot from time to time and just can't fathom getting that feeling from any other ROA but then again I've never actually tried rectal...

I think it's the needle. I love the needle. I don't know how to fix this

You have to at least try. Give rectal administration a shot before you rule it out. Your addicted brain craves IV - you can choose whether or not to act on that craving. Remind yourself that you have a choice of what ROA you use and at least give some other ROAs a try.

So I've been injecting for two months and I'm getting small red spots that don't itch or hurt. Have you guys had this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.