View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A Blind Person's DMT Experience [reddit]

TheBlackPirate

Bluelighter
Enjoy. I thought this was worth sharing.

reddit said:
Blind Friend Smokes DMT (self.Drugs)
submitted 2 months ago * by Aventiidor

So like two weeks ago I made a post about my friend's blind brother who wanted to smoke DMT... https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/3tw6lf/blind_friend_to_try_dmt/ Well I finally got the time to write this damn thing so here we go...

I'll skip most of the boring stuff, basically we were out on the patio and we did the sandwich method with about 60mg and he took three really big hits out of a pipe and yeah... (We shall call him Lukas)

After his last big hit he give us the pipe, coughs a bit, and leans back in his chair. So normally when Lukas smokes weed he gets super stoner eyes, really droopy/barely open and red, but when he leaned back in the chair his eyes were wide open (a rare phenomenon) and they were jolting around crazy like. It was actually pretty cool to see his eyes wide open and him looking around like he was actually "seeing" stuff as it was something I've never seen before with him. This lasted about 5ish minutes and then it calmed down a bit, but his eyes were still way more active than usual.

Another 10-15 minutes go by where he is moving around a bit in his chair, making small sounds (nothing we could understand), and farting. I have no idea why he was farting so much it was like he shat himself or something, but once it was all over we made sure he didn't shit himself and he was miraculously clean...

So once he starts coming back ~30 minutes later me and his brother begin to talk to him about what it was like. Here's how that went (I just summed up what he said, I'll put direct quotes I remember in quotations):

"So how was it?" "That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced" He wasn't really able to talk that well yet so we were just like yeah that's cool and waited a bit more. He just kept saying stuff about how it was crazy and how it blew his mind. Once he began to talk normal we asked the question everyone wants to know...

"So.... could you see?" "I could do more than just see, I could talk out of my eyes" Holy shit... Well tell us about it.

His Story (I'll tell it in first person like I am Lukas, I think it will flow better) When I leaned back in the chair I just kept falling and eventually landed in this super bright room. I could look around and "colors and shapes were extremely crispy." I felt like I was floating and started moving towards "really colorful green." (remember he is blind, but he can still faintly see colors and shades. The doctor has described it as a super light water color painting with a huge brush EDIT That's how the doctor described his blindness because it has to do with his actual eyes, not his brain; however, Lukas has a very severe case so he most likely sees only in shades of grey and possibly tanish/orange from what he has told us and what doctors believe.)

"Wow, so did the colors look better?" we asked...

Yes they were beautiful, I think it is what colors actually look like to you guys. I got pushed into the green and people were running around me, and after a while one of them ran up to me. It looked like a really "spaghetti like person", but it was staring me right in the eyes and I was staring it right back in the eyes. (usually Lukas looks towards the ground/torso or off to the sides when someone is talking to him, so this was different) "I didn't even need to talk, we just looked at each other and knew exactly what the other was thinking" (maybe he could still read emotions of a person's face?) We had an extremely long conversation about my life and how it was different than most other people, but I am who I am for a reason.

"What was the conversation like?" we asked...

No words at all. We kept flying by different things that happened in my life. I could actually see from a 3rd person view what was happening (I kinda paraphrased here, he was having a tough time describing the 3rd person concept, but I think I understood what he was trying to say pretty clearly).

The first stop was when I was a young child and I was moved to a new school because I couldn't see. I saw all my teachers and friends with me. "I relived the moment with vision."

The second stop was when we got our first dog. I was playing with the dog and I could see him, I saw him with me and my family. I was able to understand why we had this random, furry animal in our house.

The third stop was a Christmas dinner with me extended family. His brother chimed in, "The one with Aunt and Uncle ____ and the _____'s?" Yes yes!!! We were all together and one of the coolest parts was the food. The food was so colorful and I could taste the food I had that day. The textures were so defined and distinct.

Back to me Alright, I have to stop there, got somewhere to be. There was about 3 or 4 more stops in his journey that I will add really soon. Hopefully you enjoy this, I thought it was very interesting for him and me. I'll be with him saturday if you want to ask him any questions comment, I'll ask them for you then get to the responses as soon as I can.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

EDIT NUMERO UNO

I'm back bitches... Alright, so, I read through this again and also read most of the comments, so before I have to go to the gym I'll add some more stuff.

Lukas is very physically touchy. So you know how we have the five major senses; sight, touch, smell, taste and feel... I think that about 20% (twenty percent of 'brain power'?) is the maximum for every sense we have, but because Lukas doesn't have sight, the remaining four get boosted up to a 25% maximum. I have no idea if this is scientific, or even true, but hopefully you get what I'm saying.

Because he is very touchy, that's how he learns a lot of what he knows. For example, he would be rubbing the ground and we would tell him, "that's grass, it's green, cows eat that shit" you know whatever... So for the part when he "saw" green, maybe he was experiencing a grass texture or leaves or something??? and his mind created the color "green" for him.

Time for one more stop in his trip...

This one was probably the most touching. He was in middle school and that's when all his friends started to get into sports and other activities that Lukas couldn't do too well without eyesight. The kids began to make fun of him and Lukas was becoming mad, not mad at the kids but mad at "god" for not giving him eyesight. This was a tough period in his life, but after support from his family and lots of his brothers friends (yeah, I know, I'm awesome), hahaha but seriously, when we started including him in our activities he became a whole new person.

So when he was watching this "scene" with the spaghetti man, they started talking about why he was blind. He reached the conclusion that, "if everyone was the same, life would be boring." He said that being blind makes his experiences so much different from all those around him, but also everyone that knows Lukas lives a different life as well. Having a blind person as your friend is a pretty unique experience that not many know about.

I'll be back.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/3vd5kz/blind_friend_smokes_dmt/

Quite nice report. As I began reading it I wondered if he was really 100% blind, as that’s quite rare in fact and it turned out he isn’t. I really wonder how 100% blind person would experience DMT as 100% blind people do not have even glimpses of visual dreams so it would be really interesting from scientific point and otherwise to explore it.