• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

A∴A∴

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
Anyone a member or care to comment upon these lot? Of course IF someone did comment upon them it's clear you aren't a member etc you heard the info from a talking dog.

I've been aware of them for some time & I have been planning on joining the IOT for ages but never got round to it after reading the work by Peter Carroll & was close to burning what I read (Thank Ellis I found DKMU huh)

I've read the wikipedia entry for them & had a look around, some of the stuff I read I chocked on but it is Crowley after all, some sounds a load of bollocks but other parts sound quite interesting to say the least.

Anyone care to comment upon them?

Aint heard about them til now seems like some intresting shit where i do i sign up. i will read the book of law when i get the chance. Hoping your doing okay ZB do you still have entity contact

I was in the Golden Dawn for a short time when I was younger, which is related. Ceremonial Magic is what I naturally gravitate to and one of the first ceremonial people I met was GD, and they took me under their wing. It wasn't long before I met other magicians who used better source material, and I realized that AA/GD were a pretty watered down, Victorian era version of much older magics. Why deal with a middle man when you can go right to the source?

The biggest let down for me is that they treated everyone the same. You have to do the correct rites, readings, preparations, etc... earn rank, and then they reveal new teachings to you. So linear and limited.

There is one major feature of their works that makes them super ineffective and vulnerable to other kinds of practitioners, but I won't reveal that secret here. All I'll say is that GD is weak sauce, and so is anything related to Crowley.

I was in the Golden Dawn for a short time when I was younger, which is related. Ceremonial Magic is what I naturally gravitate to and one of the first ceremonial people I met was GD, and they took me under their wing. It wasn't long before I met other magicians who used better source material, and I realized that AA/GD were a pretty watered down, Victorian era version of much older magics. Why deal with a middle man when you can go right to the source?

The biggest let down for me is that they treated everyone the same. You have to do the correct rites, readings, preparations, etc... earn rank, and then they reveal new teachings to you. So linear and limited.

There is one major feature of their works that makes them super ineffective and vulnerable to other kinds of practitioners, but I won't reveal that secret here. All I'll say is that GD is weak sauce, and so is anything related to Crowley.

I knew GD, AA, OTO etc & who was behind them etc. I know most people go on about Westcott but I've always been interested in Woodman myself but I'm odd like that.
The one old time guy who I totally respect & can't get enough of (I bet you know exactly who I'm gonna say just from that bit) Mr Spare, even though some of his stuff has that classic turn of the century English gibberish about it his still the grandfather to most of what people do today (imo).
What I can never understand is how Crowley is virtually a household name, from a moody Teenager in their bedroom with posters of The Smiths on the wall & Alien Sex Fiend on the stereo (vinyl copy of course) to people in their 60's who are lifelong members of the OTO his known yet Spare is known among far less people & I think he did far more & in a better style too.

Thanks for the reply, I can't see this going anywhere so I wil leave it up for a day more so you have seen this then delete it.

Aint heard about them til now seems like some intresting shit where i do i sign up. i will read the book of law when i get the chance. Hoping your doing okay ZB do you still have entity contact

Sorry I just seen this!

They have branches all over, just Google the name & off you go. The main UK branch for contact has a PO Box address which I found interesting to say the least.

Yeah I still got the odd spooky-wookey hanging around, I gifted one of my SM figures to a good friend yesterday, she had no real interest in Santa Muerte at all BUT accepted her with open arms yesterday. She set her a nice little space up & within the first 3 hours the odd events began, I got a text that started "WTF!!!" & I knew yet another had gone from no belief to being sure something odd is going on at the very least ❤️😁

I knew GD, AA, OTO etc & who was behind them etc. I know most people go on about Westcott but I've always been interested in Woodman myself but I'm odd like that.
The one old time guy who I totally respect & can't get enough of (I bet you know exactly who I'm gonna say just from that bit) Mr Spare, even though some of his stuff has that classic turn of the century English gibberish about it his still the grandfather to most of what people do today (imo).
What I can never understand is how Crowley is virtually a household name, from a moody Teenager in their bedroom with posters of The Smiths on the wall & Alien Sex Fiend on the stereo (vinyl copy of course) to people in their 60's who are lifelong members of the OTO his known yet Spare is known among far less people & I think he did far more & in a better style too.

Thanks for the reply, I can't see this going anywhere so I wil leave it up for a day more so you have seen this then delete it.

Crowley is a household name because he became popular in the mainstream over the decades. And for a while during the Victorian and Edwardian periods he was a lot of people's only entry point into occult. Then he sort of became a cult classic who people still revere.

But if you do more biographical research about his life, especially the magic side, you'll discover that he never made it very far. I wouldn't call him an adept.