• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 90mg methadone and other questions

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
I've been buying someone's 90mg take-home bottles and drinking them, I really like it. If my health insurance wasn't going to run out in a month or so i might have done maintenance, but i am planning on inpatient treatment soon for that reason to finally get off. I've had enough of the opiate world.

My questions are, is 90mg of methadone a lot? I know if I take it a few days in a row it could lead to death, but it doesn't seem to be that effective as far as nodding.(I do a lot of fentadope)

If I do 90mg methadone once or twice a week (it's been down to once) for a month or so, will I get that long withdrawal people talk about from methadone? I will be going to a methadone rehab

Last edited:
90mg of methadone is a pretty high dose. For reference, 5mg of methadone is enough to produce a very strong effect in an opioid-naive person, and the doctors around here start people at 30mg/day - people who are usually fentanyl addicts mind you.

Finding equivalencies for methadone is tricky because it becomes more effective the longer it is taken. A rough estimate is 90mg methadone being around 900-1000mg oral morphine (so approx. 300mg morphine IV). No that's not a typo.

I know if I take it a few days in a row it could lead to death
Usually people who are prescribed methadone take it once every day without trouble. The bigger concern is taking multiple doses all at once.

If I do 90mg methadone once or twice a week (it's been down to once) for a month or so, will I get that long withdrawal people talk about from methadone?
It's a possibility. If you're only taking it once or twice a week it's going to be easier than if you were dosing it daily.