• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

9 months after Opiate WD Why Doesn't Medical Marijuana Effect Me?

chas06492

Greenlighter
After WD from 15 yrs of prescribed, non abusive 80 mg. Oxy/Tyl#4/Soma use for chronic pain, I quit cold turkey at home nine months ago.
As a substitute I qualified and joined the Medical Marijuana program in my state. The problem is after smoking quite a lot of pot with high THC, up to 31%, I feel close to nothing.
As a college student 40 yrs ago I was a regular user and had no problem getting high from the supposedly much weaker strains of the day.
I've bought a vaporizer, special water pipe and tried edibles with little effect either.
I don't understand what's going on. Is it cuz my lungs were damaged from years of tobacco use or because my body is still recovering? Or PAWS?
Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm extremely frustrated and going broke on the weed.
Chas

that is quite strange. the only thing i can think of is that some medications block the effects of cannibus. i think some antipsychotics, bi-polar, and schizophrenia medications can block it. i dont remember exactly which ones but are you taking any medications?

Yeah weird isn't it. The only meds I take now are Robaxin, sometimes Flexeril and Nasonex and when needed Naprosyn.. Oh, also, I don't drink at all and haven't for over 20 years. Very confusing. I forgot to mention that I took Ambien for years too along with the Opiates and Soma.
Thanks for your interest oxlong.
Chas

Man I wish I had an answer for you. I'm not familiar with them medicines you listed. I know what they are but not specific side effect. Do some research on them and see if there is any antagonism on cannabanoid receptors. Other than that I really have no idea what would make this happen.

The best thing I can recommend is make some edibles yourself. In a crockpot with the lid on (so the steam gets absorbed back in to the butter). Make sure the butter is high fat and throw in some high fat cream, high fat milk and anything high fat that your stomach can tolerate. Cook it for about 30 minutes or longer.

Make sure you can smell the weed your getting from far away, and their are abundance of crystals when you shine the light on it. I don't care what the lab says, because they can be wrong.

Thank you for the advice I'll give it a try. I did try a cookie edible that effected me the most. So maybe that's the way to go.