• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

83rd Academy Awards

Unadjusted

Greenlighter
I don't work Mondays and the awards are going to be televised live here in Melbourne at midday, so I'm kinda looking forward to it. However, I'm already feeling sorry in advance for Inception director Christopher Nolan. He hasn't been nominated for Best Director and in my opinion he deserves to win it and Inception deserves to win Best Picture but won't because it's not a drama. :(

I also think Julianne Moore is pretty unlucky not to have been nominated for Best Actress or Supporting Actress for her role in The Kids are Alright, especially when Annette Benning got nominated. Annette was good but Julianne was in more scenes and I thought her character was a lot more diverse than Annette's. I'm also surprised that Biutiful wasn't one of the ten films nominated for Best Picture when its star Javier Bardem was nominated for Best Actor.

Anyhoodle the major awards seem to be a two horse race between The King's Speech and The Social Network, with Natalie Portman and Christian Bale looking pretty likely to win their categories. But the most unbackable favourite of the night would have to be Toy Story 3. I can't see anything beating it for Best Animated Feature. Hopefully there’ll be a couple of upsets just to keep it interesting.

Last edited:
I wouldn't feel bad for Christopher Nolan. I don't feel bad for anyone who makes that much money.

If Colin does win how much pressure do you think he'll be under to deliver a good acceptance speech? =D

Meh, I thought the awards were a bit of a fizzer. It was probably because I wasn't passionate about any of the films that were in the running for the major awards this year. The highlight for me would've been Christian Bale's win and acceptance speech. Melissa Leo's acceptance speech was horrendous and Anne Hathaway and James Franco were terrible hosts. Where's Ricky Gervais when you need him?
On a more positive note I heard you can download the Best Short Film nominees on iTunes if you’re interested.

the best part was that 24 year old grad student from NYU who won best short film with the afro and what not. for sure.

the best part was that 24 year old grad student from NYU who won best short film with the afro and what not. for sure.

Yeah, that was good and the audience really seemed to appreciate him. I'll think we'll be seeing more of that guy in the years to come.

...and Anne Hathaway and James Franco were terrible hosts.
i disagree. i love james franco but he was terrible. however, i thought anne hathaway was a natural and did an awesome job.

alasdair

eh, im upset that the dude "kings speach" won.. i was expecting the old guy with the eye patch from "true grit" to win.

also the black swan chick, i mean yeah the girl on girl scene was the shit and all but c'mon?

^ I agree, out of all of the nominess Natalie Portman and Colin Firth (in their respected catagories) were the ones who deserved to win the most. Their parts were phenomenal.
But I am kind of a movie snob..