NEMD 80s Hardcore, Punk, and Emo

Mysterier

Administrator
Staff member
Discuss and post hardcore, punk, and emo from 1980-1989.

Photos of albums (records, tapes, CDs) and ephemera also acceptable (and encouraged).

been thinking for like an hour and half if there is anything i really liked from the 80's in these genres of punk. i've definitely checked them out. all i can really think of is Operation Ivy, which i loved as an early teen, but then i started getting high and i found most of their stuff to be annoying with the exception of a few songs. all i can really think of as emo from the 80's is Rites of Spring and i never really got into that or saw how it was like emo from the 90's or 2000's, just seemed kind of punk to me. All the hardcore punk stuff in this thread kind of bugs out my high banging at me. i find there are two types of music, music that bangs at me and music that washes over me flat. The 80's punk and hardcore scenes kind of banged a lot imo. i don't expect this description to make sense to a lot of people. lol

But i will post some early Nofx their album Liberal Animation from 1988. i first heard it as an early teen and then unlike operation ivy, i felt like i could listen to this album high and it runs perfect. it's loud and close to "banging", but still washes right over me.

Nofx Liberal animation: youtube.com/watch?v=YPqsfj15oaw ------- blah the person that posted this video has disabled linking it, if anybody is interested maybe they can cut and paste the link there.