• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

8 days into mild opiate withdrawals, no sleep, ambien vs ambien extended

Teds121

Greenlighter
So I caved last week to my primary doc for my opiate addiction, but by this time I had forced myself down from the hard stuff, to vicodin, and he gave me a few tramadol to get through last week, one a day to get my thru work. Those passed and gone Monday. Monday was bad but now I'm stuck with anxiety, restless leg, and insomnia. Plus a history of insomnia.

Ambien is giving me exactly 4 hours of sleep. I wake up wide awake same time. I have clonezepam but I swear it inhibits rem.

Here's the problem, ambien works well for me, I don't get the nasty effects of trazedone or Seroquel in the morning from ambien. If I switch to ambien cr for a little bit, will it help?

Next problem is, my primary is off this week (fmluck) and his covering said I have to wait until next week. Would an urgent care visit prescribe over the normal ambien?

If you go on asking for ambien, I highly doubt it. I'd say your chances are probably around 1 in 10 doctors would just write off a script you asked for.

good luck

Well the goal is to explain my primary is out of town, here's proof of ambien (I'll point at my pharmacy history on my phone or something) and explain it's not providing all night sleep. I mean, my primary is out so I'm limited options.

I don't know man, sorry. It may be worth a try? Maybe somebody else can help.

Have you tried anything else for your insomnia (non prescription, that is)?

I know the pain of opiate withdrawal induced insomnia all to well. It sucks when seemingly NOTHING will help you fall asleep and/or stay asleep for many days on end.

I've had luck taking melatonin at night. It won't knock you out, but it may make falling asleep a little easier. It does for me, anyways.

I've also had luck getting sleep during opiate withdrawals by taking phenibut. I usually only take 250mg to 500mg. At that dose I don't really feel anymore tired but I do find it much easier to fall asleep and stay asleep. This may not work for you, but it may be worth a shot. Taking larger doses (like 2 grams or more) can actually ease many of the symptoms of opiate withdrawals. Just be wary of addiction... It's easy/quick to develope for some people and the withdrawals can be nasty.

There are a variety of other readily available things that can help with sleep while you wait for your doctor to return. You may know all of this already (and if so, I apologize for wasting your time). Just search around as there are plenty of threads to be found on the subject.

Either way, good luck with both getting to sleep and over coming the withdrawals.

With urgent care, it's iffy and you could try but don't get your hopes up. What I would do is see the fill-in doctor and ask him for clonidine. They should have no problem prescribing it to you. It really helped me with sleep and restless legs.