• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

750lbs of crystal seized in San Jose, feds calling it one biggest in American History

Maybe a month?

I live in Los Angeles, and I can safely say that there are 3 million + people here. Even if just like a percentage of those # of people are meth users, 750 pounds would probably be gone in a month from LA county's consumption alone.

Keep in mind all of the celebrities and TV people, including the Dr. Phil filming studio I have passed multiple times (I imagine Dr. Phil is a meth user).

If you think of all of southern California, and what would obviously get distributed up to the San Francisco bay area, as they have street dealers for it in the bay area (read that on Bluelight! - I have never visited the Bay Area to date!) it might be gone in a week.

All of California probably has at least 750 meth dealers who could source a pound of meth for you if you wanted. They are probably still getting product despite this 750 pound shipment going missing.

While 750 pounds of meth is going to cost SOME money, you have to realize methamphetamine probably costs 1% of its street value to the producer.

yea while the actual quantity seized is impressive, there are probably super labs deep in the jungles of mexico where they can yield hundreds of pounds a week. Thats why you see so many indians living in mexico, they import a bunch of the precursor chems. that huge cash bust was at the house of an indian pharma ceo who just happened to supply the cartel with raw ephedrine.

when you dont need any natural material like you do with cocaine or heroin, so the limit is only based on the amount of chemicals and space to synth it.

Thats really nothing compared to how much the Cartels produce daily. Sure thats a shit ton but the only effect it will have on meth users is they miight be dry for a day or so. Even then somone always has that shit. SUPPLLY AND DEMAND!!!!

Yeah...its not like the cartel is just going to give up. "Oh shit, you got us, we give up now..."

The DEA thinks they're doing great things and yet people are still using many different drugs all around the world, no matter how many busts they do.

definitely, supply and demand. That bust was only a hiccup, when measured with the whole shebang.