• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

600mg Tramadol + Xanax?

jaytay123

Greenlighter
Hello all,
I'm new to here to this is my first post, a friend of mine took 200mg tramadol this morning at 11am and another 400mg at around 3pm (He was foolish and didn't fully understand the severity of the seizure risk) and would like to reduce any chance of having a seizure, would taking 2-3mg Of xanax help his situation?

Many thanks!

your buddy seriously needs to do some research before he gets hurt taking 600mg will def put him at risk for a seizure
taking a benzo with an opioid isnt a safe combo to begin with let alone adding in 2 to 3 mg of xanax which is pretty potent on its own

i would tell your buddy to head to the ER to have him supervised as giving you medical advice would be irresponsible of us especially when dealing with seizures

He want get seazure, he should just relax. Taking 3 mg of Alprazolam is stupid. He obviously missuses benzos more than Tramadol. It can lower the seizure treshold, but I personaly would take 0.5 - 1 mg, or nothing. 600 mg once is not dangerous for most of the people. In my quarter most of T users were taking 500 mg on a regular basis and I know no one who got seizure. 600 mg was a standard dose for me, before I switched to M, and I had decreased to it from much higher doses.

And yes I forgot, he should stop doing that. If lower doses don't work for him, he should use another opi, and nothing similar (Especially not Tram.) he should be taking on regular basis, except he has to.

He want get seazure, he should just relax. Taking 3 mg of Alprazolam is stupid. He obviously missuses benzos more than Tramadol. It can lower the seizure treshold, but I personaly would take 0.5 - 1 mg, or nothing. 600 mg once is not dangerous for most of the people. In my quarter most of T users were taking 500 mg on a regular basis and I know no one who got seizure. 600 mg was a standard dose for me, before I switched to M, and I had decreased to it from much higher doses.

how can you possibly come up with those statements when you know nothing about the user?
even at that by the time the user took the 400mg dose, there would be 100mg still lingering around from the first dose
500mg is still a cause for concern since, again there is litte to no info on the tolerance user has even at that we can't recommend anything other than getting professional medical help
just because you had a high tolerance doesnt mean everyone else does as well

Thanks for the responses guys, he won't be doing it again, he does have a few days off work so I guess what I'm saying is would it be safe to take a 2mg Xanax for recreational purposes this evening on top of the tramadol he took earlier? Sort of a two birds with one stone, reduce seizure risk and relax/ have fun with the Xanax, he's also got a little bit of bud he fancies smoking. He tries to keep drug use for special occasions and either dedicates a weekend or takes a couple of days off work every couple of months for a 'drug blow out' if you will, once again thanks for the replies

Thanks for the responses guys, he won't be doing it again, he does have a few days off work so I guess what I'm saying is would it be safe to take a 2mg Xanax for recreational purposes this evening on top of the tramadol he took earlier? Sort of a two birds with one stone, reduce seizure risk and relax/ have fun with the Xanax, he's also got a little bit of bud he fancies smoking. He tries to keep drug use for special occasions and either dedicates a weekend or takes a couple of days off work every couple of months for a 'drug blow out' if you will, once again thanks for the replies

xanax isnt very good for preventing seizures klonopin or ativan on the other hand would work better
he thing when mixing benzos and opiates is a good chance for respiratory failure 600mg's and 2 to 3mg of xanax is informative enough to say dont do it
but if xanax is all the user has i would go for 1mg or less
tramadol only has a half life of 5 to 7 hrs give or take if you dont wanna go to the ER for whatever reason keep a close watch on the user

everyone has a different threshold that will cause a seizure some at 200mg some at 400mg some even higher

honestly if i did that i would smoke the cannabis that has a better anti seizure chance than taking a benzo
why a lot of people who have seizures smoke cannabis when other anti seizure meds fail

Thanks for this, it was very helpful! So presuming he took the 200mg 11hrs ago and 400mg 7hrs ago He should have just over 300mg in his system? At this amount is he less likely to seize because he's very scared at the moment and has realised how stupid he was with the dosages

Thanks for this, it was very helpful! So presuming he took the 200mg 11hrs ago and 400mg 7hrs ago He should have just over 300mg in his system? At this amount is he less likely to seize because he's very scared at the moment and has realised how stupid he was with the dosages

if he took 200mg 5 to 7 hrs later he should have 100mg give or take still active, if he took 400mg right after that you would add in the 100mg so making it 500mg
then 5 to 7 hrs later it would be 250mg still active then another 5 to 7 hrs later would be 125mg and so on

and no i for one cant tell you if he could seize up as every one has a different limit as i stated earlier
for man reported users it was around the 300 to 400mg mark

in all honesty if the user is that scared head to the er and simply say you took to much tramadol
the only thing that will happen is A your gonna chill for the rest of the day being monitored or B given a med and monitored
none of those scenarios seem scary other than being bored as hell and if something does happen atleast youll get help right away

Last edited:
I'll see if my friend can get a lift to the E.R, he's in university halls so worried about being alone if he does seize, are there any warning signs before a seizure, so worse case scenario he can run to a flatmate? Also does anyone know the timeframe after dosing that seizures can occur?

Last edited:
how can you possibly come up with those statements when you know nothing about the user?
even at that by the time the user took the 400mg dose, there would be 100mg still lingering around from the first dose
500mg is still a cause for concern since, again there is litte to no info on the tolerance user has even at that we can't recommend anything other than getting professional medical help
just because you had a high tolerance doesnt mean everyone else does as well
You didn't read what I typed at all. I mentioned I have a LOT of experience, and I mentioned it was a popular drug in my quarter, so I really know a LOT of people who were doing it, and yet only place where I found people who suffered seizures is internet. You are maybe right that I wrongly assumed he is not the first time user, but I count on that, there are not many people who would take 12 capsules or tablets first or second time, after trying say 3 or 4.
Further, it already happened, he cannot go backwards now. Eating benzos with the spoon is not a solution, and I did recommend him to take a normal dosage if possible.

Regarding tolerance. I quickly started to eat 250 mg, after taking it only 2 or three times, and like I jumped to 5 capsules, almost everyone else I know, 80 - 90 % of T users jumped straight to 10 capsules, what is 500 mg, and these are instant release capsules I am talking about. The guy of poor health from the building next to mine swallowed 10 (500mg) for his first time, and I remember his throat had been swollen for a while, but besides that, he was ok in general. No seizures. People who get seizures from T are definitelly sensitive and inclined to them.

And yet I do not encourage him to anything stupid. I basically said, ok, it is over now, and this time you had a luck. Don't do that next time, and don't take 3 mg of a bezo of which people regularly take 0.25 - 0.5 mg, b/c he thinks it might decrease a seizure treshold. It would potentiate opioid part of T, and make him maybe stop breathing, a classical OD. He would risk a classical opioid-benzo OD for the sake of lowering seizure treshold.

I'll see if my friend can get a lift to the E.R, he's in university halls so worried about being alone if he does seize, are there any warning signs before a seizure, so worse case scenario he can run to a flatmate? Also does anyone know the timeframe after dosing that seizures can occur?

Say him to stop worrying about that. It is important that he rests well now. The less you sleep chances are higher you'll get one. So he should pause and take rest next days. Maybe tomorrow he can take off from uni lectures, or be there just for a short time. When/if he feels he need to get rest, and this fill probably follow, he should sleep and take enough time to rest. First night will be nothing like a sleeping. He will maybe think he had some sleep, but will notice that he can stay up, as he was already awake, and is afternoon. I presume he will find all that quite interesting, and as a nice experience, but the point is he will have to compensate that night and the day he was so high from T. Noradrenaline is a nasty one, but can be pleasant, to play with. Does he have/had a lot of energy, and was/is a bit nervous and grumpy? If yes that is because of that neurotransmitter, Noradrenaline, and this is the main reason he will need to rest. Beside Noradrenaline, opioids and opiates also influence a quality of our sleep, significantly. But on them you at least have a feeling you did sleep, even well, but tomorrow you notice you are still tired, very. With Tramadol you don't even know if you sleep or not. You lie down, you close eyes and you feel how you, slowly, actually 'slowly' (b/c it happens fast), sink into dream. Next thing you know is your eyes are open and you are awake like you just run maraton. Than you again fall a sleep, only to find out you are actually awake and feel great : )). Tomorrow crash follows. Not imediatelly. This comes after few very pleasant hours, but crash self is actually a nice one. Once just has to rest and sleep a few hours at least.

i would reccomend go to emergency room straight away , just to be safe

Update, my friend went to sleep in the end after having a J and 0.5mg of Xanax, he's woken up today feeling rather tired but ok, would you say he's out of the 'danger zone'?