• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

600mg DXM Robitussin gel caps not kicking in after 3 hourd

If you've used DXM before then you could be tolerant to the effects. The gel caps take awhile to kick in but 3 hrs is on the outer edge of when it should have kicked in. For me after about 2 hours Im feeling it. I would caution against taking more to feel the effect as it might throw you into a plateau you're not prepared for. Anyway, if 600 mg does nothing then this drug's not for you imo.

I'm not going to close this OP, but you also probably aren't going to find any answer of substance here. It could be anything that caused you not to feel the effects of the Dextromethorphan. Have you ever used this drug before?

I honestly just can't get high off of this stuff unless I take 2 doses of 700+ with a 5 hour gap in between. I used to have tons of fun with it and I never did it often enough to gain such a tolerance. I honestly can't grasp what is going on. 4 hours ago I took around 750 and I feel nothing. But I know if I pop like 400mg ill get a decent trip. No matter the amount initial doses do nothing. Has anyone else experienced this ?

I have experienced very delayed effects from robogels, several hours before effects settled in. The gels themselves usually take at least an hour to melt, and from there the DXM effects will slowly ascend, though not all at once as DXM can have a slow comeup even without the extra absorption period due to the gels.

Once or twice I've even taken gels and shit them out whole not too long later. Personally, gels haven't always given me reliable effects; sometimes the gel trip will be massively dull and prolonged. Of course, it sounds like you're tolerant to the effects too, especially at that dosage which you said is familiar to you; if you take DXM in a familiar environment/setting every time, there's a chance that you might be psychologically habituated to the effects to the point where it's unnoticeable. Just spitballing, as I don't know for sure. But it sounds like you might be due for an extended DXM break anyway, which would help restore the novelty, among other things.

I usually dose delsym at 8oz anything over 8 is excessive but in your case if you dosed robocaps please make sure that they are indeed now generic now with robocaps. I usually doses 40+ to sail on the 3rd-mid/light 4th plateau but in your case again you need to make you sure took non generic robocaps the Walgreens/CVS/Walmart ones for me almost always does nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I've never had a problem with generic gels, at least insofar as providing me with DXM effects. There might be some qualitative differences with the inactives present in the generics and how they affect body load, and possibly how they effect absorption, but it's never to the point where they simply don't have an effect. Again, DXM is a circumstantial drug, and sometimes if you do it the same way with the same dose for so long it can become nigh unnoticeable. Not the only explanation to be sure, but I (and many many others I know) have successfully tripped face off of generic products many-a-time.

SWIM took 900mg of pure dxm. Robo brand. . barely got any fun out of it. Time shot forward fast it felt like SWIM blinked and it was 3 AM. . the high definitely wasn't enjoyed. DXM isn't DXM anymore to SWIM. Guess SWIM just needs to stop for a while.

Dextromethorphan HBr (DM) is so low on the recreational highs totem pole that it is is only 1 notch better, according to my own value system, than huffing toluene or gasoline. And yes, over time this dissociative agent is mildly neurotoxic, and its high is, well, really shitty.

To me not getting high whatsoever is infinitely better than this kind of scraping scum from the bottom of the barrel. JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION, PEOPLE, DON'T (OR DO) HATE ME FOR IT!

And if this "high" ain't shitty enough for you, try some (very difficult to get) Innovar® Injection (fentanyl HCl with droperidol CII). For 45 min. you'll feel fine, since the fentanyl will predominate. Then the droperidol starts setting in. It is a long-acting, potent neuroleptic haloperidol-like antipsychotic that causes severe extrapyramidal side effects for 12 hrs. Living hell! It will satisfy quite effectively the small set of ppl into the worst of the worst shitty highs! And for the genuine masochist-drug user there remains Prolixin® decanoate injection. It has a 14 day duration of action similar but worse than droperidol. In my mind it is among the agents I would contemplate for non-lethal torture use only. But for those who wanna suffer, go 4 it.
&&

Last edited: