• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

6 weeks after stopping poppy tea

MikeMercury

Bluelighter
6 weeks from stopping poppy tea. Light to medium use for 12 years.
Most physical symptoms now gone apart from occasional dizziness and the worst ..nightly RLS which is vile. Nothing touches it...nothing. I have 300mg Gabapentin on their way and hoping they will help.

Now, I have much fatigue. Tiredness ...not getting any pleasure like I used too. Mostly , life is super dull and flat.
I expected all this and in a way it's all worth it despite the struggle. Once I see off the RLS I feel I'm out the tunnel.

Now I'm wondering how long it will take to catch the pink unicorn ....normality ! Feel some energy and enthusiasm again

This forum is only about 100% more useful than my GPs.

RLS sounds like nothing but can be a real fucker! Hope you'll get rid of it soon.

Can I ask why you stopped the tea? It took me about a good 6 months to start feeling less crummy mind wise (no excitement for anything it felt like) and by a year I was feeling more like my old self before opiates.

For the RLS get yourself some Hylands Restful Legs supplements. You can get from Walmart and Amazon or most pharmacies carry it. It will help you 100 percent.

Thank you both for replies . Here, at least I feel like I'm getting help and support. Why did I stop ? All of a sudden the main supplier here in UK stopped supplying for no reason given. But mainly because I am suffering hot flushes which started occasionally but have now taken my life over. The slightest exertion debilitates me dreadfully. I understand long term use can effect the part of the brain that regulates body temp. It's this alone that led me to stop . I suspected testosterone as I'm retired but no....I'm 90% sure it was the pods.

the RLS is the torture of the damned believe me. It will get you when you are at your most tiredness And your vulnerable. It wont let you sleep ....4-5 hours feeling like a bull is trapped in your legs. I've tried everything and nothing works ...except .....yes....poppies. It's what got me into them right at the beginning.
But I will try the Hylands .....I will try anything no matter the cost. Thanx for the link
And thanx for the time line experience...information is the key.
When I went to my GP and begged for help with RLS what did I get ?
10/500 codeine paracetamol tablets .....8 of them !!! This is true !
Our health system in U.K. is not fit for purpose.

The RLS from opioid withdrawal sounds so silly, doesn't it? But SUCH torture! The only thing I've found that helped with that was exhausting myself with exercise, but I know, who wants to do that when you're already exhausted just from being dopesick.

As far as the normalcy thing, that can take a while. PAWS can last anywhere from 6 to 18 months or longer until anhedonia and depression, all the mental hangups that linger long after addiction and withdrawal subside.

It can be a struggle, but very encouraging as well to stop and take stock every now and then, and you see the progress and the changes. It sucks ass, but it's worth it. I know this, and that's the only thing I'm holding onto right now as I wrap my bupe taper. Been almost 6 months and it's not over yet, but it's worth it.

I am currently prescribed Gabapentin specifically to help with tingle/rls from withdrawals. It does help a lot but I still have a very faint tingle sensation that is enough to make me uncomfortable. I think insomnia has something to do with it, if I had something like Trazadone to knock me out id be fine and sleep thru it. Instead I lay awake and the slightest tingle makes my mind think rls is about to come. I found Kratom totally takes it away, 2-3g. Then I'm able to fall asleep for a few hours. I even tried taking .1 Clonidine along with 600mg Gabapentin before bed and still wasn't able to fully fall asleep.

I cant stand having any withdrawal symptoms so trying to juggle Gabapentin and Kratom to help. Im also on Wellbutrin 150mg Xl/day for depression and I can say after 12 days on it I do feel its working.

Boil a small pinch of nutmeg with some ginger root and drink half the cup...boom ..rls gone in 3 minutes.

I almost want to relapse, stop, and go through WD just to test that claim. RLS is the most unbearable symptom of dope/fent/kratom/any sort of opioid WD for me because of the fact that it would prevent sleep and wasn’t significantly aided by any of the comfort meds I usually take.