• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

5HT3 Antagonists and GABAergics

:^)

Greenlighter
I'm trying to find out if there is any reason why one would not want to combine a 5HT3 antagonist (particularly ondansetron AKA Zofran) with phenibut or a benzodiazepine. They work pretty differently but I'm not sure if I'm overlooking anything regarding a combo.

On that note, can anyone foresee a problem with combining ondansetron with something that works with serotonin, say L-Tryptophan?

Is there a warning against this combination?

As memantine is an antagonist at 5HT3 too and it goes flawless with various dosages of both memantine and benzos together. But of course I'm interested in the background, if there is something I've overlooked too yet?

I had cancer and was treated with Zofran while on chemo. I didn't research its possible effects, but only took as prescribed. Long story short, Zofran gave me horrible headaches. The doctors had to give me 10mg of oxycodone each time I took it, to prevent headaches. I hear its the gold standard for morning sickness in pregnant women so maybe I'm the only one with side effects.Aside from all that, I saw no side effects from combining Zofran with my clonazepam that I was taking at the time. If anything, it helped the headaches a little. According to Drugs.com, there were no drug interactions between Zofran and Xanax, so I think we're good there.