• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

5ht2a and depression

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
Now that we have all the stuff about psychedelics having solid antidepressant activity and inducing neurogenesis, what does this mean in regards to antagonists or even inverse agonists at 5ht2a? Interestingly activating this receptor also protects from NMDA antagonist induced neurotoxicity, so layman's extrapolation would be that inverse agonizing 5ht2a and taking some dissociative would increase toxicity. Is this true?

I'm not sure, but i would deduce that You would be better off taking dxm/ketamine with shrooms/mescaline would be better for your brain than just dxm alone

I'm not sure, but i would deduce that You would be better off taking dxm/ketamine with shrooms/mescaline would be better for your brain than just dxm alone
Yeah at least for rats it's that way. Sometime thought deschloroketamine + DMT must be the ultimate trip but never came to actually try it. Unfortunately I did my disso spree while on venlafaxine, which will have strongly downregulated (in sense of desensitized, I always confuse down & up, does down mean less sensitivity = more receptors or down in sense of less receptors - more sensitive??) 5ht2a.

But I meant more, if then all these 5ht2a antagonist/inverse agonist meds out there are anti-neurogenesis, pro-depressive agents on the long run?

5-HT2a downregulates in response to agonists and to antagonists. Both set transcription factors rolling.

DXM or ketamine at high doses to induce significant dissociation mixed with psychedelics at high doses probably shouldn't be combined. Complicates the picture. Far as I'm aware, it's safer to take psilocybin than very high dxm/ketamine doses. Thinking of purity, too, people don't really sell fake shrooms, but street ketamine probably has a few cuts. DXM is dirty imo/.

5-HT2a downregulates in response to agonists and to antagonists. Both set transcription factors rolling.

DXM or ketamine at high doses to induce significant dissociation mixed with psychedelics at high doses probably shouldn't be combined. Complicates the picture. Far as I'm aware, it's safer to take psilocybin than very high dxm/ketamine doses. Thinking of purity, too, people don't really sell fake shrooms, but street ketamine probably has a few cuts. DXM is dirty imo/.
I have taken dxm and san pedro many many times, and k2 and mushrooms, and dxm and mushrooms, it's an amazing trip, I'd say you would be less likely to have a bad trip because the dxm should relax you

When you say dxm is dirty, what do you mean?

Yeah dissociatives are very good anxiolytics indeed, comparable to benzodiazepines but instead of the sedation/disinhibition you get slight stimulation and, of course, disassociation. But they are toxic probably, I'd say less so in humans than in rats, but they have lasting negative symptoms when over-used like I did. To the point of that I can't use anymore, now I really get these schizo like symptoms, but with time its healing.. curious whether 5ht2a agonists could help me - I already did low dose 1cP-LSD a year ago, shortly after stopping disso abuse, and it was beautiful..

there is this really strong drug called penissillin, its the evaporated venom of the fierce trowser snake, it's rumored to heal all wounds, I have a trouser snake that I could lend, but I only let women milk my snake.

Only my usual morphine, fluoxetine, memantine and pregabalin. No access to other substances at the moment, I don't wanna mess with Mexican customs and need yet to find a local source ... but mimosa hostilis is plenty around here, so DMT is definitely planned ;) just need to buy the solvents and preferably an e-cig, as smoking DMT is said to be harsh..

How is mescaline? Similar to shrooms or very different? On the local market I saw once peyote powder, maybe I find the seller again.. thinking about microdosing, or macrodosing too.

very different, it's its own kind of trip, it feels like your on adderall, and relaxed and tripping hard. on shrooms you feel more giggly and dreamy than you do on mescaline, on mescaline I feel clear headed