• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

51st hour with no oxy - what to experience ?

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
Last oxycodone was 100 mg Saturday at 8 am. 52 hours ago. Besides some anxiety, some hot and cold sweats and awful trying to fall asleep last night, I couldn't stop moving, nothing was comfortable , I put ice packs heating pads, my god I was leaning against the mini fridge because it was cold. Kratom Clonidine Xanax and calm support since yesterday morning. Will it peak and worsen for the next two days? My fiancé and I are both going through it .. I don't even want to talk hug kiss lay do anything right now, it is very annoying. I may have some oxy tomorrow or Wednesday, would it totally destroy everything if I took them and restart everything over?, if I try to go every other day then every two days just so that maybe I can take them once a week without feeling crappy the other six days...

Thanks!
Mark

Would it totally set me back if I took 10 percocets tomorrow if they came? I don't care if it's 3250 mg at once. Poison control told me that im 205 pounds, 3250 mg of APAP divided by my weight in KILOS... needs to be under 120 or something for a safe daily amount of APAP. 3250 divided by 90 is like 30 or 40 so that's safe (I THINK)....After 72 hours + of no oxy. Like if I took them, would I be starting at day 1 of withdrawals on Wednesday? Could I perhaps take an 80 mg oxy Wednesday morning and I can skip a day here and there or something to feel OK during the days I don't take them? Is that all a big mistake?

You just need to make a decision. Do you want to quit? Or do you want to attempt the chip life? If you keep going back and forth with your goals, you're not going to get anywhere.

My original goal was to quit. And I did for almost a month. Now I'm chipping.

But you need to decide for yourself what you want to do. The dozens of threads you're creating are inconsistent at best.

I'm not coming down on you. You're in a rough situation that most of us have been in. It sucks. And I have empathy for you. But make a decision and stick to it. If you decide to quit, your WD kit will get you through it. I promise. IF, and only if, you're willing to put in the effort.

It's so tough man. SO TOUGH. It's like while I'm going through these withdrawals , I just don't have the excitement and stuff I do when I was on pills and I don't know if I'm going to get back any good feeling on life without them. It's rough. I want to have a regular life, I want everything.. i just can't grasp reality without pills.

Think back to your life before Oxy got its claws in you. Was life good and exciting then? You can get back to that. It may take a while. And your brain will have to take some time to re-wire itself.

I'm not preaching at you. Im not trying to act like I've got my shit together. I'm not there either yet. Like I said, I made it through a month of sobriety, and now I'm chipping again.

But even the chipping is better than where I was 2 months ago. I feel infinitely better. Mentally and physically.

Last edited:
Hey, Mark. One thing I found that if I tapered down or simply stopped the opiates altogether I would be a square one if I used again. All those withdrawals for nothing. I couldn't get right so now I am on methadone maintenance. In spite of all the bullshit at the clinic, the pain is over. Michael.

Thanks so much guys. Shartito- what is chipping? I want to just take them when I want. I'm getting OxyContin 80mg you know the extended release. Now I'm going to cave and take them. Tomorrow or Wednesday when I get them. How would I take that pills or two of them? I take 100 mg at once to feel good. But 80 mg OxyContin releases like 15 mg at once that won't do anything, and I don't want to take 6 of them. Would you take one of the OxyContin and like 4 , 10 mg percs?

Thanks Michael as well for your situation. Now I know I'll just ruin my withdrawals when I get them lol. I just feel like I'm not myself and I don't feel happy and I'm sweating and nauseous it's something I can handle, but I'm not sure if I want too right now.

I mean it depends on what your goal is. If you want to get your usual high, find a way to beat the extended release. The forums are full of advice on that. I've never messed with Contins though, so I won't be of help.

But you might be pleasantly surprised by taking like 2. You won't get the high that you're used to, buuuut you should feel pretty normal all day. And normal is good.

Chipping is just occasional use. Use, stop, use, stop, repeat. There's a fine line between that and full blown dependence, especially for an addict like myself. I've been able to stay on the "good" side of the line so far. *fingers crossed*

If you want to quit, you need to refrain completely from using Opioids throughout this phase. You are very likely through the worst of it at this point. If it's going to get worse, it won't be by much. Oxycodone is, in a relative sense, say, compared to Heroin, a shorter lasting Opioid and with almost everyone, Heroin withdrawal peaks at or before the 72 hour mark. If you take Oxycodone at this point, you will likely prolong your withdrawal in abut disproportionate way i.e. you will feel better for a shorter time than you will ultimately feel better.

It's not an ethical or moral statement I'm making. If you wish to quit, don't use more Opioids. You will prolong your withdrawal and I'm not even getting into the psychological component of the whole "just one more time" angle. If you are using them "just one more time" then you are obviously willing to use them "just a second, third and fourth" time. It's addiction man.

Telling you just how severe your withdrawal will be based upon the dosage you wish to take is totally impossible. The ball is in your court and unfortunately, there are some things that we really can't help with. Ultimately, your decisions are going to matter the most.

You guys are a great help in every way anabolic I love ya guys for it ... I can't say if I get them tomorrow I won't use... but I think I'm feeling alright right now and it's 60 hours without...

Man this is all I can say, try your absolute hardest to go for 2-3 more days before u decide weather or not it's to much. The reason I say that is because your already 2 days in so if u can make it just 2-3 more days the worst should over, after that all u gotta worry about is maybe a few more days of just super mild withdrawals but more importantly u staying strong and not going back to using, which almost everyone knows that's much easier said then done. Don't take some more oxy all your gonna do is pretty much reset your progress and your gonna have to go through those first 52 hours again. Also u know what it's like to try and quit now, u know it sucks now so when u think about when your going to try and quit again your gonna fear the withdrawal and be less likely to attempt the quit.

I believe you'll make it, u just have to bear through these last few days, and then the only thing u have to do is keep it out of your life and honestly the best way to do that is to just drop anyone u know that does drugs, which may be hard if your maybe good friends with them but that's honestly one Of the biggest precautions u can take. Also another thing to do is to get rid of anything that even makes u even think about Oxys, I snorted Oxys so when I quit I had to throw away every credit/debit card I had and every straw in the house to keep me from thinking about it.

Now dealing with the withdrawals I can't help with because when I quit I had zero physical withdrawals symptoms but i was miserable for 3-4 months with nothing but the constant need feeling for oxy, it doesn't sound bad but it was awful it was like having really bad ADD when I needed to focus and during my free time I would do nothing but sit and think of how I want to get high but can't. But from the few people I have heard from that also quit opiates none of them had that type of withdrawal for that long, so I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

Anyways I hope I was able to help/inform/motivate u in anyway with this message I really hope u can pull through this and good luck.

You just need to make a decision. Do you want to quit? Or do you want to attempt the chip life? If you keep going back and forth with your goals, you're not going to get anywhere.

My original goal was to quit. And I did for almost a month. Now I'm chipping.

But you need to decide for yourself what you want to do. The dozens of threads you're creating are inconsistent at best.

I'm not coming down on you. You're in a rough situation that most of us have been in. It sucks. And I have empathy for you. But make a decision and stick to it. If you decide to quit, your WD kit will get you through it. I promise. IF, and only if, you're willing to put in the effort.
This.
Well said shartito.

Alien, and everyone else. Nothing goes unheard. Thanks so much. Having awful stomach cramps right now. It's been 84 hours. Not sure how you get no physical withdrawals Alien. But hats off to that lol