• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

50mg of Adderall has about 0 effect... Why?

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
Today, for the PSAT's, I wanted to take 50mg adderall to give myself a good boost and focus enhancement for the duration of the test, and I felt like 50mg of adderall was pushing it for my low level of tolerance, but boy was I wrong... somehow.

I woke up at about 6:45, took the adderall at 7 with two full glasses of water and 3 antacids, and had a cup of coffee and a scoop of whey about half an hour later right before going to school. Half an hour later at school, I had two more antacids. It was about 8:30 before the first VAGUELY noticeable effects, and even then it was a minor wakefulness. I hoped it would kick in fully by the time of the test.

By the end of the test, ~Noon, I was yawning and feeling as if I hadn't even had coffee. I was frustrated beyond belief, how had 50mg adderall not affected me in the slightest? I even took antacids to increase bio-availability, so what had gone wrong? I'm clueless to even to go into anything else that happened because there was so little that actually happened. by about 3, I felt slight bits of anxiety but nowhere near anything I feel because of stimulants, and no appetite suppression. If anything, appetite enhancement. I was starving for carbs and it wasn't able to be satiated no matter how much I ate. I had negative motivation, It was just terrible. I don't even know what to say.

The adderall was 100% real, this is from someone who has a script for the stuff. In other words, the chance that it was fake was off the table.

Is this at all a normal reaction..? Is there something wrong with me or my method of administration?

Every once in awhile, oddly that happens to me, it's funny you bring that up because the other night me and my girl popped 60mg each planning for all night freaky sex lol. 2hours later she told me she wasn't feeling anything, so I had to give her more.

But yes I get this off reaction you described every once in awhile, it must have something to do wwith the oral bioavablity getting screwed up, idk though, ssometims wwhen I take adderall first thing when I wake up I don't get the fyll effect verse taking it later in the day when I'm wide awake verse half asleep

thats pretty weird... i have been prescribed addys my whole life and i can honestly say i have never taken a dose and felt it not work... 50 mg is pushing it for a low tolerance user... 20 mg is about what you should take...

anyways very weird that you didnt feel much, i would um idk... probably snort some next time to see if you feel it lol just kidding this is Harm Reduction so id probably just stay away from it all =D

Well were they capsules or tablets?
If they were Capsules, you're friend could have emptied out most of the Adderall for himself, and filled up the rest with freakin Omeprazole beads, lol.

Taste never lies, though. When I get caps I always clench my jaw on the cap until it globs up and gets mosit...the beads get compressed and you basically chomp down on it between you're upper and lower wisdom teeth until the beads crush down into powder which has a pretty unique taste..not that bad tough.

And TBH i'm sensitive to amphetamines but 50mg XR is about as good as a cup of coffee...it's more like 10mg Adderall every 5 hours, which sucks. Crush em with your teeth and you won't be sorry. Don't take antiacids, take baking soda.

If you're not experienced with amphetamine, try Ritalin maybe?

They were gelcaps, and I emptied them out myself and out of the many many others he's given me, it's tasted the same and they all have worked for me so far. I see no reason as to why he filled two up with something different and left the rest be.

Yo man.. he could have EASILY ripped you off if they are capsules.. and yes Adderall, for me at least, doesn't really work as well oral as it does intranasal... I am not going to say, start sniffing it, but IME Adderall felt wayyy too unpredictable when taken orally for me.. I took it that way everyday when I first got prescribed it... it worked sometimes, other times it did NOTHING!! and I did take antacids with them everyday, and reduced my intake on acidic food/beverages.. Then I heard plugging worked really good with Adderall (turning pill into liquid solution, and then administering it rectally using a needle-less syringe of some sort.. tried this 3 or 4 times, and it worked TERRIBLE! I was very disappointed with how it turned out, it was worse than oral administration.. way worse.. it was the most subtle feeling and lasted for maybe an hour before it was totally gone. Some people, a lot of people actually, say this ROA is great with Adderall! I however didn't find it to work well at all.. I have the IR tabs too, which prepped up just fine, and I know how to plug.. have done it many times with various opioids and suboxone/subutex with incredible results... don't know why Adderall didn't work though.. so I then began sniffing it, and still taking antacids for the Adderall powder that would drip down my throat, and eventually end up in my stomach for max results... and wow, it has been working wonderfully EVERYDAY! it is way more efficient to me, when done this way.. I didn't like the uncertainty of taking it orally, and how the slightest bit of shuffle in the pH of your stomach making it either work well, or not work at all! too fickle for me.. again, I wouldn't just jump right into sniffing Adderall, try it oral again, with antacids and see how it goes, and then if that doesn't work, before sniffing I would try plugging.. its much less harmful to your body, to plug.. sniffing is bad on your nostrils, but it works for me, I mean I guess you could make it into a nasal spray solution, that would be a lot less harmful on your nose I would think!? not entirely sure, never tried it, but it has to be better than just sniffing dry Adderall powder.. and of course if you do try sniffing/plugging it, I'm sure you already know, to crush the beads into a powder first... lol. This is my experience with Adderall, one of the most unpredictable drugs I have ever done, but once you find that one ROA that works for you, its the shit!! love my Adderall now, I was about to ask my doctor to try Ritalin or something, but I am glad I didn't because it works great now for me.

I love plugging however it seems hit or miss also. As soon as a plug it im high literally..fun stuff

^Everyone seems to love that ROA with Adderall, but I just didn't get anything from it! I tried, but nothing like what I would get from oxy or subutex... mmmmmm subutex was fucking just epic the first time I plugged it... the only reason why I plugged subutex, was because I had no needles to IV, they were so old and used up that literally all of the ink on the sides with the lines and measurements etc. were wiped off of them from using them so many times... then the plungers all got stuck inside that same day, and I had no way to get them out... so I cut the tip off the rig, literally the whole thing, not just the needle, so I could push the plunger out from the other end, because it was stuck... I was so pissed, and had no way of getting new rigs at that time it was an awful part of my life, re-using the same 10 pack of rigs for months!!! hellish... but anyways i was all bummed out thinking, well now i can't IV it, and had plugged suboxone before that, with decent effects but not THAT good, but when i did it with the subutex... wheeeew.. i was fucking faded! like it was BETTER feeling than IV felt that first time i did it plugged... and i was literally comatose on my bed for a good 10-15 mins, nodding my ass off, and just didn't feel like i had a worry in the world, it was one of the most "euphoric" experiences i have ever had with bupe.. so sedating and warm feeling, it felt like a whole other drug! i then tried it again, and while it was nice, it just never was THAT good again, as the first time i did it.. But for some reason, Adderall only works truly well for me, up the nose... as long as i sniff it rather lightly, for maximum absorption in my mucous membranes/nasal capillaries and keep it in my nostrils, without swallowing too much or getting too much of a drip, i feel fucking greeeeaaaaat! the combo of Adderall+subutex+clonazepam=lovely feeling all day and no desire to really do any other drugs.. when i got on suboxone, never did i think i would get so many other great drugs along with it.. i love my sub doc.. she is awesome!