• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(50mg 5-apb / 25mg 6-apb + 80mg M1) First time on 5-apb - Lovely, and a bit trippy

shadybeep

Bluelighter
Hi, i'm an early 30's male, I'm relatively experienced with methylone, and have done 6-apb several times at increasing doses, each of which I felt was too little, and that I should do more the next time, apart from the very last time when I misjudged a new batch and totally overdosed. Even that was very very nice once the horribly powerful disorientating come up was over and done with.

I've had this small sample of 5-apb laying around for quite a while now, so I thought it about time I tested it at a small dose. When testing 6-apb I found it could take upwards of two hours to feel the full effects, so I dosed cautiously, with a 1mg allergy test at midday (mostly because it was an alarming brown colour! but this is always good practice anyhow). I then recklessly jumped straight in and did 50mg believing this would be a rather mild dose. After a couple of hours the drug effects were becoming evident, a slightly trippy but pleasant head space, a happy mood, and oddly, I was really rather hungry.

As a test, I really should have done some more 5-apb at this point, but the drugs were talking, and they have strange ideas, so instead i did 25mg 6-apb in addition. Waited about another hour, in which i had some dinner which went down fine and was delicious, and my friend calls, saying they had gone to the pub. I weighed up another 30mg 5-apb to take with me, in case we went anywhere exciting. I'm feeling fine at this point, the tiny little top up is making itself known in my head with fun little tingles and a tad more trippyness, but nothing really major. I go to leave my house.

At the front door, I freeze for a moment, am I ready for this? I feel all trippy and weird? Is this nice? I think it is? Whoa, this was unexpected. Stop over thinking things, put on your headphones and leave the flat. So I do, somewhat taken aback by the sudden wave of strange that had overcome me. I put on some vocal house, opened the front door, and left the building, already somewhat bouncing to the beat. What happened after that reminded me very strongly of when I did too much 6-apb (although was the exact opposite in that it was very nice!)...

The ENTIRE 7ish minute walk to the pub I was coming up strongly in delicious waves, the house music making my entire body vibrate and tingle, all the while feeling somewhat trippy and strange, very much like a strong come up from MDMA, but with additional strangeness. I assume MDA is essentially identical to this, as it certainly sounds that way from the reports I have read. The pub was a tiny bit overwhelming for only a moment or so, before I got a pint and we sat down outside. A couple of pints later, we decided to go back to a friends house, where they indulged in some substances of their choice also.

Some hours pass, in which I continue to feel quite lovely, smoking the occasional joint (As with 6-apb on its own, I found smoking a joint extends and intensifies the whole experience, so this was sufficient for several more hours). A few people are on their first redose of Methylone, so I weighed up a tiny 40mg bomb and swallowed it. 40mg is obviously a pretty tiny dose of methylone, but I wanted to be cautious mixing my drugs. However it worked beautifully, after 30 minutes I could feel an additional happy empathy, so 40mg more was taken, which just added to the experience.

As a combination, this worked surprisingly nicely, especially considering it was probably 7-8 hours since I took the 5-apb/6-apb mix. If I'd realised how well they complimented each other i'd likely have taken the Methylone a little bit earlier, while still rushing somewhat. Walked home a few hours later, got some sleep and felt fine the next day. Note that I still had the 30mg 5-apb i weighed up at the start of the night with me, and had no urge to take it at all.

My only regret is that we did not go anywhere with loud repetitive beats, as I'm entirely sure this would have potentiated the apb's nicely. I'm pretty surprised as to the power of the 5-apb also, but mixing it didn't let me notice any major differences between this and the 6-apb. I'm going to try both the apbs and the methylone combination again after a bit of a rest, because it was really quite nice.

how much did you "overdose" on the time before this, cause i did 6 points in a 4 hour period my first time.
i plugged a total of 4 and popped 2

Congrats on the sensible dosing. I've seen too many reports that began with something like 100 mg 5apb + 100 mg 6apb + 200 mg methylone (taken within a 2 hr span), ending in "nightmarish comedown".

ebola

snugglewitme: I found 100mg of the first batch of 6-apb I had was too little, and the second batch at 100mg was unexpectedly intense on the come up. It did settle down into something pretty lovely after an hour or so, but I wouldn't want to replicate that experience again, especially not in a situation where I couldn't walk it off for a bit. Also, that's the only come-down I've ever experienced the day after...

ebola: I wasn't at all expecting that dose to have such a strong effect as it did! I was actually supposed to be testing it for effects at just the 50mg dose and not expecting a whole lot, but then I got a bit over excited.

It astounds me the doses I regularly see people doing of the apbs. Having said that, I never felt it enhanced the experience to do more than 80mg or so of MDMA either and it seems a lot of people think that is a low dose.