• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

500mg+ trips, alcohol and general blood toxicity

GGooDD

Bluelighter
Hello, so I live in Canada where weeds legal. However in my Provence (like a poor state) has a law on 10mg per edible.
Last summer I was doing about 100 mg a night and getting a mild body high.

About a month ago I started doing 400-500 mg getting a real good intense high for a few hours.

Now understand my tolerance, 12 year daily toker. I have mason jars full of thc crystals from saving from my grinder for that entire time.
I tend to smoke 30% thc indica exclusively.
Get home from work and have a few beers and get high.

Now on my first day off I like to dose 400mg thc edibles. Most I've done is 500mg and I melted for a few hours, slept for an hour, woke up and melted for another 4 hours. I ate 300mg then 200mg an hour later.

Last weekend I are 400mg upfront 300mg for one candy and I tried for the first time 100mg thc pill.

Turns out I like the edible high more then anything.
To the point where instead of having 4 8.1 740ml cans I'm only having one on days of big edible eats

How do thc pills work? Are they carbonized?
Does mixing edibles have different effects?
I have no idea if the edibles are indica or sativa. I just get blitz

I don't even smoke I don't need to during the trip the edibles are more then enough.

How would a jump to 600mg all at once feel? 500 almost, almost felt like to much.

Would you recommend 300mg then another 300mg an hour later?

If I have 2 Candy's both 300mg each, would cutting on candy in half give 150mg or is that not how they mix?

When I'm at 500mg is the body feeling I am feeling from the thc or the fact that there is more thc in my blood stream then say oxygen or whatever?
How does edibles actually effect the blood stream? My legs tend to become next to useless at 400-500mg.

Is it passing through the brain then going to the body? Generally curious on how edibles are actually working.

What about tolerance? How had are edibles gunna effect my tolerance long and short term?

Last thing, I havent been on Bluelight in many years, I believe he's name was freaxs, or freaks, or phreaks, I know he passed away. May he rest in peace.

The doses are quite big, equivalent to about 2 grams of crude product (hash or weed). To me oral seems stronger than smoked - some claim the opposite, but i believe they're mistaken. There is a higher rate of conversion to a more potent cannabinoid metabolite (11-OH-THC) with oral use, due to the liver getting involved. In this way, tolerance increase may be a thing from switching to oral. I don't know your previous smoked doses though.

I think if you can endure a tolerance break, you may get the same effects consistently from about 1/4th of what you're consuming now.

THC intoxication has nothing to do with competing out oxygen from the bloodstream. No need for concern there.

The doses are quite big, equivalent to about 2 grams of crude product (hash or weed). To me oral seems stronger than smoked - some claim the opposite, but i believe they're mistaken. There is a higher rate of conversion to a more potent cannabinoid metabolite (11-OH-THC) with oral use, due to the liver getting involved. In this way, tolerance increase may be a thing from switching to oral. I don't know your previous smoked doses though.

I think if you can endure a tolerance break, you may get the same effects consistently from about 1/4th of what you're consuming now.

THC intoxication has nothing to do with competing out oxygen from the bloodstream. No need for concern there.
Thanks for your reply. When I mention my dosages (400mg to 500mg) everything things I am crazy and must be near comatose.

I think you said it perfectly, tolerance break. I just smoked a bowl of hash and only feel a mild high from it.

My smoking highs only last a few mins and very mild.

I am more so concerned that which such high dosages of thc via edible I could be doing some sort of damage to my liver and or kidneys. Although I was always under the impression that thc heals those organs by detoxification then damages them like alcohol.

Don't be mistaken, I get very high at 400-500 mg but I don't get the spins or sick in the stomach. I want to watch stupid shit and laugh and eat good snacks.

P

THC intoxication has nothing to do with competing out oxygen from the bloodstream. No need for concern thereo

One thing I want to add. I'll work a 8 hour shift, knowing I have the next 2 days off, and i won't eat anything all day, then I'll nap for an hour, eat the edibles, 400-500mg then eat 3ish hours into it.

Thanks for your reply. When I mention my dosages (400mg to 500mg) everything things I am crazy and must be near comatose.

I think you said it perfectly, tolerance break. I just smoked a bowl of hash and only feel a mild high from it.

My smoking highs only last a few mins and very mild.

I am more so concerned that which such high dosages of thc via edible I could be doing some sort of damage to my liver and or kidneys. Although I was always under the impression that thc heals those organs by detoxification then damages them like alcohol.

Don't be mistaken, I get very high at 400-500 mg but I don't get the spins or sick in the stomach. I want to watch stupid shit and laugh and eat good snacks.

Afaik, THC poses negligible danger to your liver and kidneys. Cannabis in general is quite protective and at face value a great human ally. The main issue can be an attenuation of practical mental faculties and a slowing of concrete personal development or achievement. Although cannabis is a great facilitator of reflection, it can also passivize the mind through excess mental stimulation diminishing the need for actual life experience. It kind of hurts me to say that, but it seems like the truth. I've had a similar level of use as you and it really serves to amplify my whimsical and aloof personality. The effect it has on my artistic development is double-edged, however.

I don't wanna brag but i'm currently on a long planned break since a few days back, and it really works wonders in certain areas. A big issue for me is a kind of attachment due to it being illegal and therefore potentially unavailable. This attachment can be as big a factor in difficulty of abstaining as the attachment to the high itself. In that way, you're lucky to have it legal! I become covetous, almost a Gollum type figure. I like to have my precious available even during abstinence. It makes the break psychologically easier. What a funny thing it is to almost be in love with a substance.

As for a T-break, even a few days may be enough.

Last edited: